Soooooooooooooooooooo Ya wanna See What Dominicans feel about Haitians???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A "Cartoon" Is Worth a Thousand Words !!!!!!!!!!!
You ONLY have to see "Boque Chivo" on page 2 of today's "Diario Libre" newspaper. :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin
NOTHING more needs to be said!
So I WON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
22dbpy.gif

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
not unique to Dominicans/Haitians

2 observations:

1. You see the same pattern wherever a much poorer country borders or is near a richer country (e.g. Spain/Morroco, USA/Mexico, Jordan/West Bank a.k.a. Gaza Strip or Palestine depending on your politics)

2. Most if not all the richer countries exploit the cheap labor but spurn any social responsibility that accompanies it.

I can't disagree with them, even though the cartoon could be less stereotyping Haitians.

Apr 7, 2014
A "Cartoon" Is Worth a Thousand Words !!!!!!!!!!!
You ONLY have to see "Boque Chivo" on page 2 of today's "Diario Libre" newspaper. :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin
NOTHING more needs to be said!
So I WON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
same tune different chord.

puerto ricans see dominicans the same way in puerto rico.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
2 observations:

1. You see the same pattern wherever a much poorer country borders or is near a richer country (e.g. Spain/Morroco, USA/Mexico, Jordan/West Bank a.k.a. Gaza Strip or Palestine depending on your politics)

2. Most if not all the richer countries exploit the cheap labor but spurn any social responsibility that accompanies it.

The DR is now taking action to eventually deport most the Haitians that are in the country illegally and can't produce any documentation to legalize their status. It's going to get ugly.

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
If it is not true Spanish some of us cannot translate it. Some one please post the English translation so the people like me can enjoy the humor also.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"I prefer to give birth here, it's free, this government is good, good,I have 6 dominican babies now, it's better here"!

Not only do they draw the Haitian "African Looking", they make fun of the way they speak spanish!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited by a moderator:

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
What's wrong with the cartoon? I'm sure most Haitian females think something similar to what was written in the cartoon when they come to give birth here, that's also how they speak and the drawing well it's a drawing meant to be funny.

All of you guys, especially the OP, are always stereotyping Dominicans and making fun of how Dominican speak, act and dress! But ohh god forbid that a Dominican does the same thing, then all hell breaks loose, especially since the group in question are Haitians, we're the evil racist ones, right? But when you guys say the same thing about Dominicans, is just how you show your love for DR and Dominicans? Bunch of hypocrites is what you all are.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
2 observations:

same tune different chord.

puerto ricans see dominicans the same way in puerto rico.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

What's wrong with the cartoon? I'm sure most Haitian females think something similar to what was written in the cartoon when they come to give birth here, that's also how they speak and the drawing well it's a drawing meant to be funny.

All of you guys, especially the OP, are always stereotyping Dominicans and making fun of how Dominican speak, act and dress! But ohh god forbid that a Dominican does the same thing, then all hell breaks loose, especially since the group in question are Haitians, we're the evil racist ones, right? But when you guys say the same thing about Dominicans, is just how you show your love for DR and Dominicans? Bunch of hypocrites is what you all are.

Yes. This happens everywhere. The stereotyping, the prejudice and the illegal immigration. Just not so much as in the DR which is really all that matters here.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Bob, you gotta "Get Out More"!
You can't use your "School" as a point of reference for EVERY SITUATION discussed here on DR1.
I'm , "All Over The Rock", so my perspective is MUCH greater.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Gurabo","FUNNY" to who?????
I doubt that Haitians find it "FUNNY", or any "African Person" for that matter!
THAT's why we need to see "Things" through everyone's eyes, NOT Just Our Own, we are all "Near Sighted", but Dominicans are "CIEGO"!!!!!!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
deportations are not new

The deportations have gone on for many years. About ten years ago, a hit song's lyrics were: "la camiona" and "dame un chance" in reference to deporting Haitians and their difficulty with speaking Spanish. Very much like other government policies, I think immigration rules and deportation will continue to be enforced selectively. It's another layer of corruption. Highly influential parties ("los pegados" or "el grupito") will retain easy access to one of the world's cheapest sources of labor, and less influential parties will be subject to immigration enforcement. The result is not new: a very uneven playing field for entrepreneurs. Someone trying to follow the rules and open a legal business is behind the eight ball before he or she begins.

There has been a lot of noise on dr1 recently about permanent residency rules. Over time, I've come to realize the only consistent element of the constantly shifting rules is they are designed to be a revenue stream for the government.

The DR is now taking action to eventually deport most the Haitians that are in the country illegally and can't produce any documentation to legalize their status. It's going to get ugly.

Feb 15, 2005
Don't argue and don't worry guys.

Even the more uneducated classes of locals, will begin using Haitian slang, which I saw first hand in the town of Pedernales, Which btw, I actually found to be pretty cool.

lol

Last edited by a moderator:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
All 'race' posts have been removed from this thread. There were so many of them that I forgot this was Living and not Off Topic!

For the umpteenth time - NO talk about race/blackness/whiteness/Africa/etc. in regular forums.

I do realize it's easy to slip into when discussing Haiti & DR, but you can discuss it without starting the racial theme, I know you can!!!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
you cannot go back ad infinitum. yeah, we all have common ancestors. does not change the fact that today we look the way we look and that we belong to different nationalities.

Exactly.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since I first came to the DR in 1986, there have been "Round Ups" of Haitians, every time the current government wants to make a "SHOW" of protecting Dominican Sovereignty.
It's always just THAT,...A SHOW!!!!!!
Cheap labor, trumps "Olgullo Dominicano" every time!
STILL DOES!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mar 1, 2009
Now if we're gonna imitate an accent or anyone it could be the Ay Benditos in New York and Jersey, now right there we could talk about that for hours and hours. The Ay Bendito nene's have never been considered very bright, drunks, lazy, low class and baby making machines. I DONT BELIEVE that but how horrible it is to stereotype anyone, or when someone jumps up and down like a monkey posting that garbage here and trying to say that this is the way ALL Dominicans think.
If I had a wife or kids in my adopted country, I wouldn't do my darndest to not disrespect and denigrate them.
I'm talking about myself, not about ANYONE in particular....

There was Ay Bendito once who called me 'stupid" on one of the messages boards, I didn't like it. But I didn't go crying like a little girl and complained, I took it like a MAN.
Mi OLGULLO....

LLLLLLLLLLLLLL CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccc ccccc ccc cc c

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sounds like too much "Brugal" doing the posting today!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dominicans can "THINK"?????????????????????
Who Knew???????????????

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Sounds like too much "Brugal" doing the posting today!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dominicans can "THINK"?????????????????????
Who Knew???????????????

?????????????

I wonder if this is not as or worst than the cartoon you posted and the referenced to why you did so CCCCCC.

Albeit, CCC can be said to be Dominican nowadays anyhow. Maybe a lout Dominican whilst at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.