Did I just feel...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Wow.The DR is starting to resemble California. Every week there seems to be a tremor.:ermm:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the tremors have been here all the time. smaller, bigger. they take place almost every day. personally i am not bothered with the danger of an earthquake. i am more worried about car accidents. earthquake is something we have no saying in, it's a natural occurrence. we cannot do anything about it. so it is not worth worrying about.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
True, but the possibility of having to lose everything is cause for worry. Not a good feeling
knowing you might have to start all over again and if it's at all possible.

Knowing that if it does happen the person is stuck. Won't be able to leave the country for a
long long time.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
True, but the possibility of having to lose everything is cause for worry. Not a good feeling

Do not even want to think about it although I do. It is always in the back of my mind, what if.....

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Why wouldn't one be able to leave the country for a long time? I don't worry about much, but that could get me excited.
Der Fish

Well, the earthquake that struck Haiti damaged the airport runway and took some time to fix .

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Why wouldn't one be able to leave the country for a long time? I don't worry about much, but that could get me excited.
Der Fish

Depending on the strength of the earthquake you could be "stuck" here for days. If the infrastructure such as roads, airport, communication go, well you could be in for a long haul here.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Knowing that if it does happen the person is stuck. Won't be able to leave the country for a long long time.

yes, i know. losing everything is scary. but whether our house will be destroyed or now is beyond my powers.

as for leaving, many foreign citizens will have it easy. some governments will organize evacuation of their citizens. as soon as the planes are able to land/take off the process will start.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
There are a dozen international airports here, not just one. A few days here wouldn't bother me, that ain't a long time by my standards. A few years mayhaps.

Don't bet on it Fish. You know how long it takes to get anything fixed or done in the DR.

And no body knows how long it will take to get things moving again (airplane passengers).

Food, water and medical care will be priority.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
There are a dozen international airports here, not just one. A few days here wouldn't bother me, that ain't a long time by my standards. A few years mayhaps.

Great!

Could you list the dozen international airports locations so in case it becomes necessary to use them in an emergency, Thanks!!!!!!

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Almost 12;

Punta Cana
Santo Domingo-Las Am?ricas
Santiago
Puerto Plata
La Romana-Intl
Saman?-El Catey
Santo Domingo-La Isabela
Barahona
Constanza
San Isidro AFB

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
So the "12" International Airports Derfish claims to be in the D.R. went down to "10" with Trainman33's list.

Then down to "8" International Airports with Sabra's 2nd link (1st link did not work).

Well in an emergency perhaps I could hitch a ride in one of Derfish's private jets.