Do not use banco progreso cabarete

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
I rarely engage in a serious broad statement. The ATM, the client service and care - less attitude needs serious attention.

1) The ATM took my Amex card - took 45 minutes to get it back. Very lucky.

2) The ATM on 2nd occasion - torn a $1000 rd note in half. Again, had to shut the machine down. Find the piece. 30 minutes

3) Fuera de Servicio - 45 minutes to wait for them to try to make it work. 10 minutes to make a withdrawal.
Got the card back. No money. No receipts - and of course - THEY CHARGE MY ACCOUNT FOR THE $235USD.

All separate instances. Different weeks and days.

CALL AMEX. COMPLAIN and GET THIS MESS OF A BANK SHUT DOWN.

I would have went on to Sosua but it is a hike just to Cabarete. No choice now.

USERS BEWARE.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
All banks here are USELESS.
Customer Service is NOT in their "Mission Statement".
You shouldn't be using "Cash Machines" anyway.
They have "FEES", often give no payout, but still debit your account,and are a great way to have your cards "Cloned".
I stopped about 3 years ago.
GUESS WHAT, no more problems.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
All banks here are USELESS.
Customer Service is NOT in their "Mission Statement".
You shouldn't be using "Cash Machines" anyway.
They have "FEES", often give no payout, but still debit your account,and are a great way to have your cards "Cloned".
I stopped about 3 years ago.
GUESS WHAT, no more problems.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Generally had no probs...but Amex Bluebird has NO fees...PERIOD. Only reason I use them. Dumped Bank that Ate America...so....not a cash business kinda guy...especially living in el campo.

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
Never, EVER, had an issue with Scotia Bank. Customer service equal to or better than in Canada as well

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Generally had no probs...but Amex Bluebird has NO fees...PERIOD. Only reason I use them. Dumped Bank that Ate America...so....not a cash business kinda guy...especially living in el campo.

Where are you located? I know of a few ATM's along the road from GH to Cabarete that have so far not caused me any trouble. Although they are of the Banco Popular.