Question about TGM Air conditioner

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I am having a slight problem with my 10,000 btu spit a/c unit. It works great but I am having a water drip from the lower right corner.
The unit is
1- level
2- drain tubes are clear of obstruction.
Is there anything unique to TGM that I need to know? Thought?
Thank for the anticipated help.

drescape24

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I had that happen; it turned out to be a drip from the opening near the condenser on the roof. The handyman plugged the leak and all has been fine.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I had that happen; it turned out to be a drip from the opening near the condenser on the roof. The handyman plugged the leak and all has been fine.

Thank you. My compressor is on the roof but the lines run through a 4" duck in an inside wall so it can't be a leak overhead. With that said I still went upstairs to make sure all was sealed. Hahaha

drescape24

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
You may have to tilt it ever so slightly so the water runs out. The drain tray inside may not have enough inclination.

Great A/C, by the way, cheap, good, parts can be found everywhere.

Really I am happy to hear they are good units. We tried tilting the unit right after I made sure it was level. Thanks for the help.

drescape24

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Well after two days of fixes I believe we found the issue. Condensation was forming on the refrigerant lines. So we added more insulation hoping this will be the fix!

drescape24