C?dula renewal in La Romana for foreign residents

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Has anyone been to renew their c?dula in La Romana?
All information about the process - including location of office - welcome.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
http://dr1.com/forums/living/142973-new-cedulas-foreigners-begin-today-9.html

See post 69. Thanks for reminding me I still need to do this :S
Aha, I'd forgotten about that thread. Very useful info.

Im not sure if the renew for foreigners has special date or is together with Dominicans, but in la Romana they started the process as all the provinces. This is the location of the JCE in La Romana.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/J...2!3m1!1s0x8eaf544288bdb067:0x6f8ae1f18237ba34
Thanks, that's on Avenida Duarte esq. Santa Rosa, a couple of blocks west of the parque central.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I went to La Romana this morning and they are no longer renewing foreigners' cedulas.
We have to go to Santo-fcuking-Domingo! :(

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I went to La Romana this morning and they are no longer renewing foreigners' cedulas.

Eventually they will figure out how to network computers in this country. I feel your pain. I have to renew residency and then after that renew my cedula. At least one trip to SD for residency, then one to Santiago to pick up residency and only then can I go to Santo Domingo again to renew my cedula.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Forget about getting your new cedula with chip in la Romana unless you want to hang around for more than 6 hours. Everyone is complaing about the slowness, the Dominicans and the foreigners ,Far easier to go to Plaza de los banderas , to the special office for foreigners .Depending on how well the computer is working you should only have to wait for a few hours...They come out of the machine as warm as donuts .. but I am told that although the phtography part is fast always, the next process of awaiting the new card varies...but there is air conditioning.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo

This is what happened to me too several weeks ago. We went to the Junta to renew my cedula and they sent me away. Told me I had to go to Santo Domingo. I thought maybe this had changed with the new kind of cedula when I saw some posts here that say they were able to renew in La Romana. They also sent my assistant away (Dominicana) telling her she did not need to renew her long expired cedula. I guess this made some sense since she would just have to get another one of the new type now if she wants to vote. Anyhow, sometimes different people get different answers to the same question. I wonder how/why those who were able to renew in Romana were able to do it?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The next question would be - is the process still free of charge or was that temporary too?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
it is still a free service but whenever I present my new cedula at a checkout at a store as identification ,everyone gathers around to see it ..seems that most Dominicans have heard of the long waits ,,pity Dominicans can not organise anything . Just take the Jumbo store in la Romana,where the correct entry point takes you to one end of the store that few need things in,so everyone just barges into the store through the lines of cashiers . Why not have the entry in the centre ??