Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car wash cost.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Car wash cost.

What is the going rate at car washes here?
    We have a med SUV, Moto and ATV.
    I am sure the Moto and ATV are the same price?

I just don't want to get ripped off...again!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay btwn 150 and 250 DOP in Veron, Bavaro for a SUV. Tip not included.

3. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay 400 for a thorough inside and outside wash in SD (auto mall - churchill, and 200 pesos or so for a quick wash in the esso car wash on Nuņez. (SUV). The few times I ask the sereno in our place to wash it I pay him 150 pesos.

5. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a kid from your neighborhood - DR$ 200 would do fine

7. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

there should be a sign.... posted rates ---

in your area --- 150 + a 15-20 peso tip.
    beer will be available and dancing if you go later in the day... food at some

9. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we go to the same Esso on Churchill that Mauricio uses - all the prices are posted on a menu board, and you just choose. MD, the neighborhood kid won't get the car as clean. The Esso carwash cleans every inch of the inside and out, inside the door crevices, inside all windows. We have a rubber cargo mat in the back of our Venza, and they remove that and scrub it with soap and pressure washed it, while another guy was vacuuming the entire interior. About 350 pesos.

Administrator
    DR1.com

11. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the beer price

I pay 100 DOP...

13. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I think we go to the same Esso on Churchill that Mauricio uses - all the prices are posted on a menu board, and you just choose. MD, the neighborhood kid won't get the car as clean. The Esso carwash cleans every inch of the inside and out, inside the door crevices, inside all windows. We have a rubber cargo mat in the back of our Venza, and they remove that and scrub it with soap and pressure washed it, while another guy was vacuuming the entire interior. About 350 pesos.
    Of course you are right.

Harley lives in the sticks so to speak - they can go to Sabaneta or Gaspar and it will be a pressure wash at the gas station/car wash. Prices will be different too. Both will cost about 125 DR$ in gas depending on mileage.

I often either use the car wash in Sosua, just as you enter from Cabarete, next to the German restaurant on the right hand side - they do a good job at DR$ 400 including vacuuming cleaning. It depends on how much you want to spend.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    the esso station I use is on Nuņez, but Im sure the one on churchill is about the same. It works for me when I am in a hurry. I just won't leave the car out of my sight, since they are full of tricks.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no prices posted, the guy said 150 for inside and out and 80 for the Moto or ATV. Sounds good to me! This is the Isla in Veragua.
    Thank you all!

17. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast