Land crime- goverment program to help those affected by land crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
Please can Mr. Guzman or a knowledgeable person help me
My lawyer tells me that the government understands that many people have been affected by land crime (i.e. people have bought land, not received the land, paid the seller and then lost their money). This is my situation and I have been through the court system and lost.

Goverment program- to give land to those that have been affected by land crime

The government as a 'sign of support to the foreign investor' and 'to maintain/improve the DR reputation as a safe place to invest' has developed a commission to investigate each case and then 'assign the person some land'

has anyone heard of this program?
Is this true?
Name of department organising this?
phone number??

I just want to monitor my lawyer and determine if they are telling the truth
I did put this in the real estate section...sorry. I think it might be better placed in this section here.
thanks

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
This is not exactly what I have heard.

Since his inauguration, President Medina has talked about providing titles to the many Dominicans in the countryside and the poor sections of the cities who possess property without title. A commission has been set up to study the problem and present possible solutions.

As far as I know, that is all. No program is being implemented right now in this regard.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Sorry to hear about what happened and losing in court. I would advise you to not think about buying land again.

By Guzman's response it looks like you were misinformed by your lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.