LIAT "introductory fare"

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Promotion Details

Description:
Special Introductory Fare to new direct route between St. Maarten and Dominican Republic.
Booking Dates: Friday 20 June ? Monday 7 July, 2014
Travel Dates: Tuesday, 1 July ? Thursday 31 July, 2014
Medium: Website, Call Centre, Travel Agents, ATO

Fare: Return Fare as low as $573US inclusive of tax (subject to availability) :eek:

Territories:
Origins: SXM, SDQ
Destination: SDQ, SXM

Operating Days: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturday and Sunday

==========================================

WOW! US$575 subject to availability. And what would be their standard fare after this "promotion" ends?

Most crappy airline I've ever flown.

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
Promotion Details

Description:
Special Introductory Fare to new direct route between St. Maarten and Dominican Republic.
Booking Dates: Friday 20 June – Monday 7 July, 2014
Travel Dates: Tuesday, 1 July – Thursday 31 July, 2014

Fare: Return Fare as low as $573US inclusive of tax (subject to availability) :eek:

Territories:

WOW! US$575 subject to availability. And what would be their standard fare after this "promotion" ends?

I agree..flying this airline within the Caribbean is ridiculously expensive...for $575 I could fly to South America...the US...and have change left over....

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Promotion Details

Description:
Booking Dates: Friday 20 June – Monday 7 July, 2014
Travel Dates: Tuesday, 1 July – Thursday 31 July, 2014

Territories:

hehehe for 1 hr flight. lol, same riduculus as jetblue prices from SDQ to SJU

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
At least JetBlue flies new and safe airplanes.

These are the photos I have taken on one of the LIAT flights a few years ago.

dscf5137a.jpg

dscf5134a.jpg

liat.jpg

And a small video -

[video=youtube;S4amlhGgodA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4amlhGgodA[/video]

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
And this was the official response from the LIAT to my complaint with photos and video -

Dear ..................;

LIAT Customer Relations acknowledge receipt of your email with reference to the condition of the aircraft. Thank you for pointing out this situation and rest assured that the relevant personnel is advised.

Please accept apologies on the Company’s behalf for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your travels with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Regards

Karen Weste

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I thought that POS airline had long gone out of business. Flew them into Gitmo (I think), once, and I swear their seats were made out of 2x4s

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
Now me living in the British Virgin Islands have no other choice than to use LIAT to fly throughout the eastern caribbean. Their prices are ridiculous. To go to DR I normally fly to Puerto Rico and then catch Jet Blue or Seaborne from there across to the DR. All in all my fare runs about $500 total.

Last edited:

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Now me living in the British Virgin Islands have no other choice than to use LIAT to fly throughout the eastern caribbean. Their prices are ridiculous. To go to DR I normally fly to Puerto Rico and then catch Jet Blue or Seaborne from there across to the DR. All in all my fare runs about $500 total.

I use Seaborne as well.. $99.00 each way from San Juan to Santiago, SDQ, or Punta Cana. Liat is the absolute worst. From SDQ to St. Maartin, I use Insel airlines. Very cheap and great service.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I use Seaborne as well.. $99.00 each way from San Juan to Santiago, SDQ, or Punta Cana. Liat is the absolute worst. From SDQ to St. Maartin, I use Insel airlines. Very cheap and great service.

Good to know that Insel is better and cheaper than Liat, I have been thinking visit some of those Island like Saint Martin, Aruba or Curacao now that Dominicans with Canadian Visa can travel there, also for those that has USA Visa or Schengen.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
I forgot to mention their standard announcement - ".... In case of decompression we have an oxygen supply on board." :eek:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Flew LIAT 40 years ago and they were terrible then. In fact we flew RT from Antigua to Guadaloupe and they forgot to come back for us at the scheduled return time.

Came back for us the next day (they did pay for a hotel and dinner). but such a small plane (there were 5 of us) that the co- pilot had to stay behind and my brother flew in the right hand seat...amazing

I would never fly them again

Bob K