Santiago bypass highway?

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
If I am travelling from Sosua to SD, can I take this highway and bypass Santiago?
It is not on any map or on Google yet.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If you take the road via Navarete yes, you will see big signs for Sto Dgo overhead on the Navarete-Santiago part of the highway, just before you enter Santiago, and you will come out near the hospital on the Santiago-Sto Dgo highway.

From Sosua you may be better off taking the Moca road, or the Nagua-Sto Dgo highway....not sure....but the new bypass will save you about 20 to 40 minutes of driving that particular route, depending on traffic.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Are there other extis and entrances other then the starting point and ending point. If I were coming from PP and wanted to go to pricemart could I get off before end?

Bob K

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bob: If you are going to Pricesmart it is just not worth the effort to take the bypass. Not be best designed or planned beltway.

Your best bet is to get to Santiago early. Take the right at the place where the old round-about used to be... and take that route to Las Carreras, then the Estrella Sadhal? south to PRiceSmart...

Conversely, just go along Estrella Sadhal?...

Happy shopping..

HB

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
On Monday I took La Cumbre, then to Tamboril and hit a midway entrance on the new highway....it is super nice!!!!