Fast track daughters passport

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Does anyone have any idea how I can fast track my daughters British passport, what is the process, where I need to go, how long, costs, what paperwork do I need etc.

I?m not being lazy but I am a little restricted in what I can do for myself right now, as in going and running around the city with this illness going on.

Any advice, help would be greatly appreciated.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Yeh, been trying that, pretty hopeless and the online info is terrible, unless someone can find a more explanitory link, or even a relevent link.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
~Hug - there is an extensive thread on this http://dr1.com/forums/living/143044-renewing-british-passport-dominican-republic.html Posts #8 and #9

These post also gives you the links to the online renewal or new passport requirements.

Black Dog - your information is out of date - the Embassy here can no longer help.

Hug - there is a way to fast track by paying an extra fee but even then it is taking 10 weeks or more. There was much in the UK press about this -Search the "Mail" newspaper.

HTH
Olly and the Team

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
10 weeks..................................... wow. I am really unwell and have to take my daughter back to the UK with me. The embassy is hopeless, even DR1 doesn?t have good news for me this time.............Sheeeesh,

Where do I start, I might make 5 weeks but 10 I really don?t think I could, but no option, apparently...

Feb 7, 2007
Is there any option for emergency travel document be issued by the embassy? It's a small booklet valid for one way travel to the UK, usually could be issued within a day or two.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Ok, thaks all. Maybe I have been misunderstood. My daughter has never had a British passport before, but I am the registered father, have parental responsability and the mother agrees for me to take her out of the country to the UK. I have looked on that link and I am slightly confuse about this process and where this process is talking about, here in DR or if I am in the UK (obviously I am not and can not go back until my daughter has her passport as she lives with me).

Maybe it is the meds, but if someone wouldn?t mind could they try to clear the waters for me a little, very murky at the moment and time is just passing.

Tim Smith

Apr 28, 2014
Emergency travel document for children
If you’re the parent or guardian of a child living overseas who needs to travel, you can apply for an emergency travel document for your child if you can’t get a new or renewed passport in time to travel.

What you’ll need

You’ll need to provide evidence of 1 of the following:

you have sole responsibility for the child
everyone who has parental responsibility for the child agrees to the application
If your child hasn’t had a British passport before, you must also provide the same information you would for an overseas application for a first child passport.

You have to fill out the same paperwork for a first passport and the above for the emergency travel documents.