Lease Opportunities in Sosua???

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I am looking to open up a really small walk up - 'healthy' food stand/mini restaurant, kind of Comedor style but with things like grilled chicken wraps, sandwiches etc and some other less readily available popular food and drink items... I am currently looking to lease a very small space in Sosua on PC between LittleNY pizza and Rumba. With room our front for maybe 2-4 tables.

I am not looking for opinions on the business I plan to open or to invite a s#%t storm of pessimism. Just wondering if there is anyone on here aware anything for lease? approx. cost? I am also looking at subletting within an existing business if there is capacity so if you have a shop on the strip with space I would be open to that too depending on location and potential for growth.

Please let me know if you can help...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Do you live here in the DR, Sosua perhaps??????
Can't you walk down the street and start asking other establishment owners if they know of anything available????
Maybe you can "Squat" on their space for a % of sales???
Lots of "Food Carts" do that here in SD.
They open at the proper time, "Jonny Cake" in the AM,..."Chimis" at night!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Do you live here in the DR, Sosua perhaps??????
Can't you walk down the street and start asking other establishment owners if they know of anything available????
Maybe you can "Squat" on their space for a % of sales???
Lots of "Food Carts" do that here in SD.
They open at the proper time, "Jonny Cake" in the AM,..."Chimis" at night!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I live 2 months in Sosua and 2 months in Toronto back and forth - I have a fairly successful business here at home. I have the $$ and hutspa to take a risk and the months that I am not there my sister will be. I like your suggestions and like the idea of piggy backing on another existing business but more inclined if I can find a good location at a decent price to go it alone. We shall see....

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
There are some small rental units in the little plaza by Alberto's that could be a good spot.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
You know what guys and gals - I am feeling even more optimistic with the positive feedback and also PM's on the topic.

I just find it really hard in Sosua to grab a quick bite on the go that's not fried or marinated in salt and grease so we have some good ideas to bring some tasty/healthy quick grabs that will also include options that are not currently available in Sosua for the super health nut.... but also offer some normal 'comedor' style options for those who are with others who like the grease - but still with far less grease, salt and using different cooking oils.

I am thinking to do something that basically says - here you can have something fatty quick or healthy quick depending on how you feel.

Just a personal share - last year I lost over 60lbs over the span of the year avoiding fried foods, opting for grilled chicken and turkey more often, avoiding fatty condiments, smaller portions, more salads, leaner dressings etc... Towards October I started spending a ton of time in Sosua again. 2 months there/2 months here etc... For every 2 months I spent in Sosua, I returned 7-10lbs heavier. Then I would come home, get it off, go back and the same thing. This past round I cooked in the apartment and avoided eating out altogether - boom, I gained nothing...

So that is the inspiration lol... Fast, healthy, affordable, tasty options.

I will definitely send my sister over to Alberto's to check it out. Back in Canada until the 3rd week of July =(

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Are you dead set on being on PC? What about a spot just outside some nice condos with less competition around?

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Are you dead set on being on PC? What about a spot just outside some nice condos with less competition around?

My preference is PC but I am open. I want to be on a high traffic street but I am interested in knowing where you are talking about... Where about?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I went to the FB but no phone number posted. I sent a PM via FB.

You are going to have to find the owner, otherwise you are going to be offered the business which is worth maybe $RD5000 including the bottle of Anejo!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Awesome! Are there any food stands in Sosua? I miss that the most about Imbert. Good, cheap, fast comfort food. Stands everywhere.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I have found Sosua rampant with fried, salty food -- even when eating at the places that serve 'american breakfast' I fond myself leaving with heart burn and indigestion. Without giving too much away I plan to create a variation of a very popular style of restaurant here that involves tasty food that wont give you a heart attack the following week and some other options for those who work out.