Question for cabinet manufacturing in the DR

Tim Smith

Apr 28, 2014
I hope someone here can assist. I am looking for a cabinet manufacturing company with CNC Equipment. I have a good friend that has a product he wants to have made here for export to the US. He is also looking for one that has a circle edge bander. If anyone knows of any good, reliable and honest company please let me know. I need the name and contact person, please only the owner if you have it. If not I can call and set something up with just a good contact. He's trying not to send the work to China and I have talked up the DR so he is bitting. Either drop the info here or PM me when you can. Id like to know what others think about any prospects so a company name in open forum would be great. The contact info can be sent in a PM.

Thank you in advance All!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
One thing to be very careful of is how much it will cost to ship to the US. It is surprisingly expensive and that has hampered a number of people from starting up shop here. Good luck to your friend.

Tim Smith

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks windeguy. I'll look into the costs for shipping. My selling point to my friend is the time. I have not looked at the cost. I would think that a slow boat from the orient would cost more but don't know for sure. I do know it takes week(s) and not days for delivery from the two locations. Fuel cost alone has got to play a part in all of that.

Still looking for any company that has the above equipment. I told my buddy that if there is one here that the DR1 community would know of it...!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think the issue is there are so many (thousands) of slow boats from China that they are cheap. Not so cheap from here.