Treatment of foreigners

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
I write this post after reading about another poster who was assaulted by a police officer and had some property taken from him.

I tell you when I read these stories about foreigners who were assaulted or mistreated by police it makes me angry and fills me with worry.
We foreigners come to their (DR) country, spending MILLIONS in their economy by employing them, using their services, sleeping with their women, eating their bland food, and drinking their $$$h!!t rum. We should be treated with more respect
Just as one example I built 4 homes here and employed local people for 8 months per home. How many Dominicans could do that??? I say to the goverment, do you know what will happen to foreign investment if your police treat us badly? Don't get me started on the quality of your lawyers either !!!

Further, some of these police who are no more than peasants , i'd be surpised if they could even write their own name, are given posts of great responsibility. I'd like to meet this police officer who stole this mans knife, and other property after assuming he was a Haitian. Men like this police officer should be careful. One day a foreigner might just bite back. I sound a little aggressive i know. However, take a look around at some of the foreigners in this country.... some of these guys are harrrrd assszzzzzez. i'd be careful with them

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
I wasn't aware that Haitian investments pump so much money into the DR economy.

Who do you think builds all the infrastructure in the country? Who picks all the fruit, vegetables, and sugar cane? Who does the majority of hard labor?
HAITIANS...

Talk a walk around your neighborhood...Doesn't matter where you live. See who is working and who is sitting on there ass in the shade.

...Don't fall victim to the Dominican propaganda, without Haitians none of us would be here because this country would way worse, and 4th world country. Again, Dominicans hating Haitians is yet another example of this country biting the hands that feed them.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I write this post after reading about another poster who was assaulted by a police officer and had some property taken from him.

I tell you when I read these stories about foreigners who were assaulted or mistreated by police it makes me angry and fills me with worry.
We foreigners come to their (DR) country, spending MILLIONS in their economy by employing them, using their services, sleeping with their women, eating their bland food, and drinking their $$$h!!t rum. We should be treated with more respect
Just as one example I built 4 homes here and employed local people for 8 months per home. How many Dominicans could do that??? I say to the goverment, do you know what will happen to foreign investment if your police treat us badly? Don't get me started on the quality of your lawyers either !!!

Further, some of these police who are no more than peasants , i'd be surpised if they could even write their own name, are given posts of great responsibility. I'd like to meet this police officer who stole this mans knife, and other property after assuming he was a Haitian. Men like this police officer should be careful. One day a foreigner might just bite back. I sound a little aggressive i know. However, take a look around at some of the foreigners in this country.... some of these guys are harrrrd assszzzzzez. i'd be careful with them

No matter what you bring to the table this is their world and welcome to it. Unfortunately the police in the DR are not always there to "serve and protect". This is reality in all third world countries and you have to play their game and seem to treat them with respect even if they don't deserve any.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
We foreigners come to their (DR) country, sleeping with their women, and drinking their $$$h!!t rum. We should be treated with more respect
I don't understand the purpose of your rant? The DR police have always been this way. There are many places in the world where you can sleep with prostitutes and drink rum.

Status
Not open for further replies.