Missing ChowChow

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Has anybody seen our beautiful ChowChow, went missing around the Army Barracks and the Mustard Seed Center on the way to Puerta Plata. She is cream colour, bushy tail and has a black mark under her right eye from a operation. If you see her, please call her "Tigger" and she should come to you and then phone us straight away. Thank you, Tel: (829) 532-6458

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
You should also notify Dr Bob and the animal rescue organisations in case they come across Tigger. Good luck.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Photos always help....

2b9nut.jpg

4kz49c.jpg

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Hi Derfish, she went missing around the Shell Garage and the other small garage on the way to Puerta Plata (near the Army Barracks) Does that make sense!

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Whirlybird, thank you very much for putting on photos, always have problems putting them on DR1, very much appreciated

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Yes, I'll be in that area manana and look, not that you haven't already, but yes I will stop and look around and call
Der Fish
Thank you so much Derfish, it sure is hot out there at the moment for a little furball like Tigger :(

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Flood the area with posters with photos. Walk around and talk to everybody, wachis, gas station attendants, shopkeepers, anybody who is always around the area. The chisme telegraph is more effective than any CCTV and works in apagones.

Put ads in several of the newspapers that are delivered free in the area. Look at those papers to see the format people use to advertise lost and found dogs.

I have seen these work in my neighborhood. People who lose dogs who get very proactive, creative and tenacious increase their chances of finding the dog exponentially.

Many people will take in a lost dog who is obviously someone's pet in order to protect it while they wonder how to find the owner. Do their work for them.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Bronzie is right. When our dog was missing, we searched everywhere, asked everyone - nada. We offered a 1000 peso reward, and he was back within hours.