Baygon

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
We have ants and last night I saw 4 small cockroaches in the Cocina. My Dom friends said buy some Baygon. Anyone tried that here. Even with the cocina sparkling clean we still have ants. The cockroaches are definitely new never had those here before.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes Baygon works but the smell is pretty strong and I'm sure it's not to healthy for you. Get the chalk the street sellers sell- works very good to get rid of roaches.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
We have ants and last night I saw 4 small cockroaches in the Cocina. My Dom friends said buy some Baygon. Anyone tried that here. Even with the cocina sparkling clean we still have ants. The cockroaches are definitely new never had those here before.

You really need to stop bringing in barrio rats to your villa.
What he said, the chalk does work.

May 29, 2006
The reason it's illegal in the US is because it's too easy for kids to eat. The chems used are pyrethrins, which are based on the toxins made by chrysanthemums and legal to use in spray insecticides.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Use Fipronil

Safe for humans and animals. Extremely effective - exterminates colonies of ants, termites, cocroaches. I even tried it against wood worms in my caoba kitchen furniture - works great.

Buy on Amazon and have it shipped here. Read also reviews.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Use Fipronil

Safe for humans and animals. Extremely effective - exterminates colonies of ants, termites, cocroaches. I even tried it against wood worms in my caoba kitchen furniture - works great.

Buy on Amazon and have it shipped here. Read also reviews.

I'm pretty sure that Matilda posted that Fipronil liquid is available in bottles at agro-vererinarios, she buys it for her dogs [works like Frontline for fleas and ticks].

How do you use it for other insects? Interesting.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not that large roaches fly. we have them here as well. they fly inside or are brought in by cats.does not really mean anything.
when preparing to exterminate make sure you check all areas, especially under the sink and behind the fridge. patch any holes in the walls, make sure the floor is dry.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You can spray all the ants you can see, butthe ONLY way to get rid of them for good, is to put out the little plastic bait traps.Sold in all supermarkets.
The ants take the "Bait" back to the nest, and feed it to the "Queen" and the rest of the colony, they all die.
I leave them around the kitchen all the time, and NEVER see any ants anymore.
Over 3 years now!
Roaches need food, & water.
Never leave dirty dishes out over night.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
I'm pretty sure that Matilda posted that Fipronil liquid is available in bottles at agro-vererinarios, she buys it for her dogs [works like Frontline for fleas and ticks].

How do you use it for other insects? Interesting.

It always helps to compare the prices.

How to use - extensive instructions from Amazon customers in the second link in my previous post above.

Works against flying cockroaches perfectly.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Contango...

lots of good advice here...
but go 'local'... your housekeeper will have several tricks up her sleeve

leave it to a Dominicana..... their houses are insect free-usually

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
and let me add that you will like the price of the 'cure'..... always zero or less (if thats possible)

we have some leaf concoction in the laundry that removes any stain we throw at it....
she picks it off a tree.....
organic and effective...... living off the land , we call it (as we listen to SIRIUS-XM):nervous:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Baygon update! Sprayed the Kitchen this morning, and not an ant or small cockroach can be seen breathing.. This stuff works so good I even think it got rid of our Russian neighbours.. Nyet Nyet Soviet.. Baygon Rocks!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
it is powerful that stuff

I sprayed it at the ceiling once.... the stuff fell back on my face.
my lips were numb for several minutes

Aug 6, 2006
The chalk may be illegal in the US, but it is readily available in Miami. The main ingredient is Boric Acid. Echols roach tablets are the most effective roach control product I have tried.

Bugs cannot fart. Boric Acid give them gas, and since they cannot fart, they sort of explode. It works on all the ants except the teensy ones.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
where do you get this knowledge XO ??

I will dine out on this one -- bugs can't fart..... hilarious

as little boys, we used to catch frogs.... stick a straw up their ass and blow
they exploded
it cracked us up...........