I know this questions has been asked

M

MaxxJaxx

I know this question has been asked but I would like some updated information on the best interest rates for CD's in Peso's and dollars. I could only find the maximum 9.9% per year on dominican peso's. Are there better rates??

G

Grahame Bush

Max,
I made up a list for someone some time ago & it should be under archives. If not (or anyway) send me an e-mail, I have the information on file & can download it to you. Perhaps, now that you reside here, we can meet up one day - Grahame.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

There are fixed certificates issued by banks for 30-90 days and some for longer periods. The best rate available now is 14%. After a million pesos you might get a little higher, but not much more. I use COTISA at Banco BHD on Avenida 27 de Febrero. Bancredito has a portfolio of certificates at the same rate. There are companies like Popular Leasing, HizzPizza, Moya Construction(The people who are building Ciudad Satelite),Hache and Mercasid to mention a few that issue offers thru the banks' Bolsa de Valores representatives. Your interest income can be transfered monthly to your bank account, credit card or payable by check.

M

MaxxJaxx

I couldn't find it in the Archives

I couldn't find it in the Archives. Scott from woodstock NY asked about it last week. I thought I would ask again.

Sorry, But I left Sosua and I am in Santo Domingo for a month or two.

Maxx

S

Scott

There are fixed certificates issued by banks for 30-90 days and some for longer periods. The best rate available now is 14%

Reply:

That is in peso. I got 12 % on only 50k pesos. What is the best and where for dollars?

In Sosua Banco Santa Cruz gave the best dollar for min of 5k of 7 percent. Is there higher?

Thanks,
Scott

P

Paul

14% Not Bad--

so 10,000 returns 11,400 in 90 days and that is peso accounts- thanks just looking ahead - always good to hear the money talk - thanks

G

Gerd

Keep dreaming....

RD$10 000 at 14%/year returns RD$ 1400/12*3= RD$ 350 in 90 days.