Movie about the DR

D

Doug

I've heard someone mention the there is a movie about the DR...with the word butterflys in it, could someone please tell me the whole name of the movie....its content, and where I could rent it. Would it be in a rental place or is it too old and unknown....and maybe I would have to go to the Library.

Thanks For Your Time

Doug

M

me

The movie is "In the Time of The Butterflies" It just was released as a "Showtime" exclusive. One of the board regulars sent copies to myself and several others who requested it, FREE

E

Ed and Mame

Hi guys, I've sent you an e-mail response about your question. -Mame-

S

shawna

I would love to find out how to get ahold of this movie!
thanks

L

Lynda

Re: ED and Mame

I too, am interested in getting a copy of this movie. Can you rent it yet????

Lynda Rollins mrollins@hpedsb.on.ca

L

Linc

Could you send the information on how i can get a copy of the movie.
Thank you

D

Doug

Re: Movie about the DR..Mame

Sounds like you have a potential business oppertunity here mame....lol

N

Nelly

thank you

Thank you for posting the title of the movie. By the way, is it true that butterflies are a symbol good luck in the Dominican?

E

Ed and Mame

SHAWNA, maybe tv will have it on again - keep your eyes and ears open for it. Hope someone else has a better idea for you.
-Mame

T

Tony C.

Don't bother!!!!!

The politics of the subject matter aside, don't bother. It was a poorly made movie. Bad acting, Bad direction, Lousy dialogue and it wasn't even filmed in the D.R..

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Butterflies movie:The next War of the Tomatoes

The movie "In Time of the Butterflies"(Butterflies referring to the much overrated and overappreciated Mirabal sisters) is a la par with the mediocrity of the movie "The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". This is strickly a cheapo B-movie, not worth dirtying your VCR's capstan. Besides, it is a tear jerker specially made for members of the women's rights movement who still believe in the hero status of the Mirabal sisters.(Mostly undeserved)

L

Loren

TW history lesson

Didn't one of them smack Trujillo or something so he killed their dad or dumped them over a cliff or whatever? I heard that in the movie version he squeezed one's butt and then he killed them and their dad or whatever but that wasnt what really happen.

Luis Amiama Tio and those guys, how did they get together to decide to knock Trujillo off anyway?

E

El Jefecito

Re: TW history lesson

Good book on the death of Trujillo and the plot:

Trujillo: The Death of the Goat by Bernard Diederich

Out of print but available on line from Amazon or Barnes and Noble, I think. they have sections for old and used books. Also might be found in libraries, you might try Kelloggs in SD.

Diederich is now accusing Vargas Llosa (Fiesta del Chivo) of pagiarism.