Cabarete Os Sosua ??.....Budget Rooms/Happy Hours...Great Breakfast Deals

W

williamwt14

Coming to the North Coast this weekend and trying to decide where to hang my hat for a few days until I move into my apartment on the 10th located in between both towns.

Any recommendations for the best happy hours in either Sosua or Cabarete ?

Great breakfast places in either town?

Decent hotel rooms in the 25.00 range with a fridge, TV and Wifi ?

Being low season I was hoping there might be some good deals out there.

Cheers

WW

Apr 13, 2011
Be careful when you ask about "happy hours" if you go to Sosua - it does not mean half price food at the bar between 5-7pm...

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I second the OP's question. I am also curious since I'm going there this week and want to roam around more that I normally do.

Also curious to know if there are some happening spots...

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Not sure of the prices but I enjoy Lazy Dog. They have live music sometimes for happy hour. There furniture is also comfortable.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Depends what you drink. If you drink Rum then drinking your own bottle or buying a bottle should be the cheapest. In Sosua the chair should be free if you buy something. So if you eat but bring a bottle of rum your chairs should be free. If you bring a bottle and just buy set ups your chairs still might be free. But a lot do not charge that much for a bottle if you buy from them.

If you buy beer some places only sell the small ones. So it is cheaper to buy the larger ones if possible. A lot of places really don't mark up beers that much more compared to buying them at the store.

I have brought my own cooler full with ice and drinks to Sosua many times. I am not sure if it is always worth it or not. I end up tipping a local kid to bring it to the car and back. Plus the cost of the ice. If you are with a group and have a mixture of water, soft drinks and beer it might be worth it. Plus if you want anything they do not normally sell.

I normally go to Sosua if I am getting in the water. I go to Cabarete if I want to hear music, watch sports, etc.

I always go to the same place in Sosua and get good service. I eat there the majority of the time.

In Cabarete I go to lazy dog a lot. I also go to big kahunas and the Irish place osheas. There are hotel rooms on top of big kahunas. I forget the price and am sure it is loud till late. But very close to get home.

I don't know anything about where to eat breakfast or places in Sosua away from the beach. Once the beach in Sosua starts closing down I go home or go to Cabarete.

It is not the cheapest but Sosua ocean village is pretty cool. There are there pools and a nice view. A kids pool, a lap pool, an infinity pool looking at the ocean and 3 water slides. Also a gym and sauna there. A calm place with no music. The beach area is not to big and the waves seem to be rough. I have never entered the ocean there.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
My vote is for Sosua and in every category I find it far more affordable than Cab.... who needs a happy hour if things are affordable in general =) Always something for everyone in good 'ole Sosua.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Search Sosua condos online and you will find tons of affordable deals on sites like Home Away - make sure you ask if they guarantee 24 hour power.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
OP should have moved in to his apartment by now.

Would be interested to find out which option he went with.