container to europe

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Hello,
does someone have experience in sending a container with personal belongings
back to Europe Antwerpen?
Furniture, books, clothes, paintings etc....
How is the procedure here in DR? any Customs to be paid here or is it free?
Arriving in Antwerpen, any taxes to be paid there?
Is there a problem to bring Mahogany furnitures to Europe? Bedroom and dining is in Caoba.
What documentation is needed?

Is there a company who would pack your belongings and bring it to Caucedo? Well packed?

It would be great if someone could give me any guidance, please.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
20 ft or 40 ft

... sending a container with personal belongings
back to Europe Antwerpen?... any Customs to be paid here or is it free?
Arriving in Antwerpen, any taxes to be paid there?
Is there a company who would pack your belongings and bring it to Caucedo? Well packed?

I am also looking into this, though shipping a container to a different European country....

Here customs will check what you have inside your container. This will normally be done at the port. A detailed list of your goods will help in the inspection and you'd want to be present.

We, however, want the container brought to our place, we pack (well in advance) and load the household goods ourselves and pay for customs officers come to us, do the inspection and seal off the container at the site.
Of course, customs will charge for this service, but not tax the value of your goods.

You can arrange for customs clearance in Holland and forwarding to you door. Have the shipping company do a quotation.

I can give you more info via PM.

donP

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
If either one of you have room for a motorcycle in your container, i would love to ship one of my motorcycles back to europe. I will come and pick it up at your convenience and take it up to Norway. I can pay $500 for the trouble.

Thanks, Frank