4th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Today I celebrated July 4 in STI. Hotdogs (Nathans), beans, potato salad, potato chips, deviled eggs, beer and wine. Missing fireworks. Did anyone else do something special?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Where did you find Nathans.............
I would love some all beef wieners............
The local stuff has the consistency of whale blubber..........

B in Santiago

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I DO LOVE "Hot Dogs", as long as they ain't Dominican Hot Dogs!!!!
I don't even go through Santiago. now that the "Circumcision" is open, on my way to "Black Beard's"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LulaCali

Jul 3, 2014
Can I just say: I saw flyers and banners every announcing Fourth of July parties in bars and stuff... This is a holiday that Americans can celebrate in their houses invite their friends, sure why not?! But to me as a puertorican, I find it ridiculous when this day is honored in pr, and we ARE territory!! To me it seems even more absurd when it's celebrated here... Most ppl don't even know what happened this day, it has turned into an excuse to get drunk, just like 5 de mayo... Once I saw a video poll where they asked Americans what 5 de mayo was , they gave all kinds of funny responses, no where near what it is!!! So happy Fourth of July wujuuu let's get drunk and celebrate the independence of the world's dictator!! Cheers!!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Can I just say: I saw flyers and banners every announcing Fourth of July parties in bars and stuff... This is a holiday that Americans can celebrate in their houses invite their friends, sure why not?! But to me as a puertorican, I find it ridiculous when this day is honored in pr, and we ARE territory!! To me it seems even more absurd when it's celebrated here... Most ppl don't even know what happened this day, it has turned into an excuse to get drunk, just like 5 de mayo... Once I saw a video poll where they asked Americans what 5 de mayo was , they gave all kinds of funny responses, no where near what it is!!! So happy Fourth of July wujuuu let's get drunk and celebrate the independence of the world's dictator!! Cheers!!

LOL! Lula welcome to DR1! :) You will fit right in with the rest of us!:D

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Lula, I acknowledge the difficult history between Puerto Rico and the US, but the 4th of July gives me and many others pause. I cannot imagine being born poor in the DR as opposed to Puerto Rico. There is just no correlation.

Here in the US, I and many other Puerto Ricans, had and continue to have opportunities people in the DR can only dream of. For that I'm thankful like no one could possibly imagine. This is why the 4th of July is celebrated in Puerto Rico, and rightfully so.

I went to the Macy's Fireworks exhibition here in NYC. I and many others walked by the new building that was built on the grounds of the former World Trade Center. It left me speechless. As crowded as it was, no one, and I mean no one, got out of hand from what I saw.

We were all walking past each other in what was the most crowded space I've ever experienced and everyone seemed cordial, despite people bumping into each other and stepping on each other's feet. When the fireworks display ended, everyone cheered. It was beautiful.

I live in the Bronx, the most beleaguered borough in the city. In half an hour I can be standing in front of a priceless Picasso painting, or I could go watch the Knicks play or do a myriad of other things that even other Americans don't have an opportunity to do.

This doesn't happen if Puerto Rico isn't a commonwealth of the US. I cannot imagine being stuck on some hot, humid island with a bunch of other desperate idiots and having to cater to the sexual whims of some grotesquely bloated Western woman just to finagle a marriage proposal out of her. I'll light a Blockbuster or an M-80 any day in appreciation to that. Just don't ask me to eat 60 hot dogs in ten minutes. That ain't happening.

May 5, 2007
On the 4th of July especially, I wish I had the authority/ability to take those that live in the US, that obtain benefits from the US, get a Govt pension from the US etc and then take great pleasure in making posts critical of the US and send them to Haiti, North Korea or similar permanently (Sorry to Haiti but first country that popped into head where living is tough) It is getting crowded in the US and one of the great things about the US is you can pack up your ungrateful butt and leave

May 5, 2007
Lula, I acknowledge the difficult history between Puerto Rico and the US, but the 4th of July gives me and many others pause. I cannot imagine being born poor in the DR as opposed to Puerto Rico. There is just no correlation.

Here in the US, I and many other Puerto Ricans, had and continue to have opportunities people in the DR can only dream of. For that I'm thankful like no one could possibly imagine. This is why the 4th of July is celebrated in Puerto Rico, and rightfully so.

I went to the Macy's Fireworks exhibition here in NYC. I and many others walked by the new building that was built on the grounds of the former World Trade Center. It left me speechless. As crowded as it was, no one, and I mean no one, got out of hand from what I saw.

We were all walking past each other in what was the most crowded space I've ever experienced and everyone seemed cordial, despite people bumping into each other and stepping on each other's feet. When the fireworks display ended, everyone cheered. It was beautiful.

I live in the Bronx, the most beleaguered borough in the city. In half an hour I can be standing in front of a priceless Picasso painting, or I could go watch the Knicks play or do a myriad of other things that even other Americans don't have an opportunity to do.

This doesn't happen if Puerto Rico isn't a commonwealth of the US. I cannot imagine being stuck on some hot, humid island with a bunch of other desperate idiots and having to cater to the sexual whims of some grotesquely bloated Western woman just to finagle a marriage proposal out of her. I'll light a Blockbuster or an M-80 any day in appreciation to that. Just don't ask me to eat 60 hot dogs in ten minutes. That ain't happening.

You got that right guy, wonder why Puerto Ricans overwhelming support becoming the 51st State They ain't no fools and know a good thing when they see it

Status
Not open for further replies.