Social Bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
So I own a digital marketing and communications firm and am heavily involved in social media. The beauty of social media and the point really to participating in forums is to exchange points of view, shoot the breeze, debate topics etc...

I start and comment on threads that are topics I am interested in and fully expect an opposing point of view or two. I have put up with a lot of BS on DR1.com - and am happy to scrap it out on a difference of option relating to a specific topic or thread I am participating in.

The past couple of weeks - I will admit it... I have been kind of bored. I am in Canada.. not much going on. In the 10 years I have been a member on this site my posts total less than 500 - 100 or so occurring in the past couple of weeks because I have been more active.

Now I have a little gaggle or creepy bullies, following me from thread to thread denigrating my contributions, being annoying and somehow deciding how much and what I should post.

This is a form of social bullying - to pick on someone, centre them out, put them down, to try to influence to others to do the same is pathetic and mean.

Congrats folks... hope you feel good about yourselves

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
cjewell, you need to slow down, take a breath and take a bit of a break from posting, at least until tomorrow maybe.

No one is following you around, with 40 posts in one day you're everywhere anyone else is at any time.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.