Dominican republic Airports under heightened alert

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Dominican Republic airports heighten security on U.S. alert

Santo Domingo.- Airport Security director Miguel Paulino and the Civil Aviation Agency on Monday announced heightened security checks at all airports, after Washington?s alert that groups linked to al Qaeda aim to smuggle explosive devices onto airlines.

The official said the measures are taken mostly on flights with United States and European cities as their final destination.

The U.S. Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) placed restrictions on travelers? baggage at designated airports, and warned that if certain devices don?t turn on they?ll be confiscated, and passengers who carry them will undergo further inspection.

United States will redouble security at airports before fear of terrorist groups linked to Al Qaeda for the development of an explosive device that could pass without detection at airports.

He said passengers bound for the United States and Europe must prove that their electronic devices such as cell phones and laptops operate normally before boarding the aircraft. "We're placing more attention on the baggage and departing passengers with destination to the United States and European nations from our airports.?

Paulino said the measures will be in effect at the international airports at Santo Domingo (Las Americas and El Hig?ero), Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Santiago, Samana and La Romana.

The measure comes after U.S. authorities expressed concern that terrorist groups linked to al Qaeda aim to develop explosive within devices that could pass airport security undetected.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...public-airports-heighten-security-on-US-alert

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
This is for all airports around the world that have direct flights to US, not DR specific at all....

gburger717

May 27, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just flew out of Punta Cana on the 5th and when I went threw security I had 2 bottles of water in my bag and rang going threw the metal detectors. Security looked at me and did not say a word. I could have walked threw with anything with no issues!

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Funny you should say that. I forgot I had a lighter and a hairspray in my backpack, it was scanned and I went in through POP no problem. It wasn't until I opened my bag inside to get out a magazine that I realized it :S

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just flew out of Punta Cana on the 5th and when I went threw security I had 2 bottles of water in my bag and rang going threw the metal detectors. Security looked at me and did not say a word. I could have walked threw with anything with no issues!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I love going through airport security here. They have some of the hottest chicas working at the airports and their uniform pants are Sooo tight.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Funny you should say that. I forgot I had a lighter and a hairspray in my backpack, it was scanned and I went in through POP no problem. It wasn't until I opened my bag inside to get out a magazine that I realized it :S

Lighter and hairspray? Combustable combination! When I was a kid we used to take a can of my Mom's aerosol hair spray and hold a match in front as we sprayed. It made a hell of a blowtorch/flamethrower.
Security screwed up in missing it in your bag.

And was that a lighter as in "cigarette lighter"? Hope smoking is not part of your new healthy business plan?