Change of situation

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
So my wife's sister new apartment fell through.

After signing the contract, broker wanted a Dominican fiador.

These people are really bold.

She will be looking at another apartment on Mexico

And Rosa Duarte.

Is anyone familiar with that area in terms of safety?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Bold is certainly a Dominican trait. My theory is that this originates in their genes being descendants of pirates. When it comes to money they are very clever and bold. My wife's teen age daughter from time to time just comes out
out and asks for money. I laugh and she gives up. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh.

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Bold is certainly a Dominican trait. My theory is that this originates in their genes being descendants of pirates. When it comes to money they are very clever and bold. My wife's teen age daughter from time to time just comes out
out and asks for money. I laugh and she gives up. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh.

I don't think the word clever applies to anything in this country.

If it did, this would be a different place.

This is one of the worst and corrupt societies with the worst

Division of classes I have ever seen.

Welcome to Paradise!

Now back to the music.

Is anyone familiar with this area, Mexico and Rosa Duarte?

They said it was close to Unibe..

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Forgive me but why do you want to live in the DR? Your comments clearly demonstrate your contempt for all things Dominican. You really should consider another country as you will assuredly run into trouble with the attitude expressed on this forum.

Merely an observation

I don't think the word clever applies to anything in this country.

If it did, this would be a different place.

This is one of the worst and corrupt societies with the worst

Division of classes I have ever seen.

Welcome to Paradise!

Now back to the music.

Is anyone familiar with this area, Mexico and Rosa Duarte?

They said it was close to Unibe..

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I suspect it's a terminal case of "wherever you go, there you are-ism"

BDR likely moved to the country because they though it was a cheap, free-wheeling society. When things didn't roll their way, suddenly Dominicans are "corrupt" and despicable people.

Welcome to Wednesday afternoon in the New World.

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
No place is safe , not here in this corrupt little country. Take her back to civilization right away, Please.
Der Fish

I asked for simple directions and explained the situation, now I am the bad guy.

P.S if Dominicans are such amazing people, why do their own people ask only us for $$$ in the street?

Why don't they ask their own amazing brothers and sisters, the amazing citizens of this country?

P.S.S why did my neighbor, a professor in Unibe say that in this country, if you don't have family, they will let
You die in the street, and while you are dying, they will try to take your clothes off?

You people are all in denial. They hate us and don't want us here. The only thing we are to them is an ATM.

Just because you like ****ing their cheap sisters, doesn't mean you should be blind.

You people are all idiots, I don't need any of you.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
businessdr, I'm think you came down here with a dream in mind and had it all planned out. When it didn't pan out the way you imagined, everything turned sour. DR is not the land of dreams, that is America. If you want that go back.

You think people act like that only in the DR? You're being naive if you think so.

You're also letting one bad apple spoil the bunch. I think you are dealing with barrio folk. I live in a decent apartment and the landlord is great.

You're going to get what you pay for also. Are you trying to find the cheapest thing in your sister in law's budget? Try corotos.com.do for apartments.

I can tell you are frustrated and it shows in your posts. Sit back, breath deep, calm down and evaluate the situation. Things can get better :)

P.S if Dominicans are such amazing people, why do their own people ask only us for $$$ in the street?

Why don't they ask their own amazing brothers and sisters, the amazing citizens of this country?

P.S.S why did my neighbor, a professor in Unibe say that in this country, if you don't have family, they will let
You die in the street, and while you are dying, they will try to take your clothes off?

You people are all in denial. They hate us and don't want us here. The only thing we are to them is an ATM.

I always see dominicans asking other dominicans for money, look around you will see it, saw it twice today!

The dominicans we live near and find ALL OVER the DR have always been VERY helpful with us. They are very protective of us actually.

If the dominicans are going to let you die in the street wouldn't you need the help of other expats, I wouldn't say you don't need us... Change your attitude and treat people better and you may like it here a lot more!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I asked for simple directions and explained the situation, now I am the bad guy.

Just because you like ****ing their cheap sisters, doesn't mean you should be blind.

lol, poor, poor cripple you. Hate us, no hate you, probably.Today I had a delightful time teaching an eight year girl English. Quick mind, brilliant smile, and nice parents. These are the people I deal with every day- gracious. kind and not a hateful bone in their bodies. I also see Dominicans giving money to beggars all the time. My wife gives money every month to three or four old people to help them out and none of them are family. I know other Dominicans that have taken in street kids and treat them like family. Have you never had a beggar where you are from ask you for money?

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Truth is the "gringo hustle" is part of the price of living in paradise....Expect it, and when it does not happen, rejoice.....Now relax and open a cold one....Btw you get more bees with honey...Next time try sweet talking that Dominican ;)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ok so why are you living here seriously? Based on your posts I would think you would have ran far, far away from here. But you don't...so you must like something about living here. Idiots??? hmmm read your posts and look in the mirror. Just my humble advice.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
So my wife's sister new apartment fell through.

After signing the contract, broker wanted a Dominican fiador.

These people are really bold.

She will be looking at another apartment on Mexico

And Rosa Duarte.

Is anyone familiar with that area in terms of safety?

It's a nice enough neighborhood but nowhere is 100% safe. A friend of mine parked on the street a few blocks from there a year or so ago. It was stolen.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Truth is the "gringo hustle" is part of the price of living in paradise....Expect it, and when it does not happen, rejoice.....Now relax and open a cold one....Btw you get more bees with honey...Next time try sweet talking that Dominican ;)

Trust me dude, they pull the same stuff on other Dominicans too.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
No place is safe , not here in this corrupt little country. Take her back to civilization right away, Please.
Der Fish

FYI fish, there are countries much more corrupt than here.. Turks & Caicos, and Trinidad to name two.. makes the officials here look like saints..

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
As far as I know, I am the only woman who is on this Board who is living alone in SD. Would I live there? Sure. But I have good Spanish and love the Dominicans and am older and don't go out at night except by taxi. Rosa Duarte is a nice street.

But is a long way to shopping etc..

How is she going to get around? Yes, there is plenty of public transport on 27.

It also depends on the building. Does it have good protection? Good bars on the windows and doors? Good neighbors?

I would not be so quick to dismiss the help that you might get on DR1.