I need me some BBQ!!!!!

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I'm goin to Sosua this week (ahhhhhh) and need to chase down some much needed R&R. I got the hankering for the three B's...Beach, Beer, and BBQ. I need to get a new grill, someone touched my last grill with krazy glue hands and walked off with it.

I'm looking for a Weber portable grill...something like the Weber Jumbo Joe that way I can take to beach then bring it inside my home when I'm done. Anyone know if they sell these or something similar?

Ever see a seagull steal a burger from a grill? Hint...don't leave your grill unattended while you go for a swim! lmao (true story)

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
If you're on the beach, why bring your own Barbie?

Scandinavian bar (Tom) or Big Dee (if he's still operating) offer some good BBQ-ed food. They deliver along the beach

texan

Apr 1, 2014
In puerto plata there isn't a lot of choices. La Sierena or maybe a hardware store. La sirenas inventory changes some but the should have grills including small ones. I seemed to eat fish everytime I go to Sosua beach.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I found a beauty at a compras / ventas.... 22 1/2" Weber in like new condition - it was $70.

You need to hunt.
I'll be shipping a Weber Performer in the fall and may have this one for sale after that.

Here's a good page
Shop Charcoal Grills at Lowes.com!

the Master Forge 32" is excellent value..... was about $100 to ship here.
Labor Day is when the sales are best

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Also, I've seen grills for sale in some large hardware outlets. These may suggest better quality at higher price. Good luck w/your pursuit of the B's.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Good luck hunting down Weber Grill.

We do have one but I brought it from US. I have searched and searched for Smokey Joe's but I couldn't find one. I guess I'll have to bring one in too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
my friend brought hers on Westjet as a checked item.... an 18 or 22.5 inch Weber..... not too big before assmbly

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
After using home made oil drum based grillers/smokers for years I decided to get a little more sophisticated.
I was looking for a Weber in Santo Domingo, but found only cheap knock-offs at the Americanas and Plaza Lama - they looked like they would work about once only, if that.

Eventually found a Volcano 3-fuel (propane, wood, coal) fired stove at Pricemart for only a marginally higher price than they sell them stateside. Looks like a pretty good piece of kit and there are huge numbers of independent good reviews and videos on the web.
I'm going to give it a trial this weekend.

Check out the volcano page - Volcano grills

texan

Apr 1, 2014
After using home made oil drum based grillers/smokers for years I decided to get a little more sophisticated.
I was looking for a Weber in Santo Domingo, but found only cheap knock-offs at the Americanas and Plaza Lama - they looked like they would work about once only, if that.

Eventually found a Volcano 3-fuel (propane, wood, coal) fired stove at Pricemart for only a marginally higher price than they sell them stateside. Looks like a pretty good piece of kit and there are huge numbers of independent good reviews and videos on the web.
I'm going to give it a trial this weekend.

Check out the volcano page - Volcano grills

That looks nice. Pricesmart has some nice items.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
That looks nice. Pricesmart has some nice items.

The collapsible 3-fuel grill is advertised at US$159 on the Volcano website - I just checked my receipt and saw that I paid RD$4,999 at Pricesmart in Los Prados.....at today's exchange rate that's US$115.00 or US$135 if you factor in the ITBIS...considerably less than it would cost to buy in stateside and ship it down......

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I fiddle a lot with BBQ's....

Weber Performer and a kettle in Canada..........
Weber Gas and kettle in Philadelphia......
Weber kettle and the 32" Master Forge from my earlier post here in RD

The Webers are worth the $$$$$..... that Master Forge is a dream and very ecomonico.... my specialty.

No Webers in RD that I have found , so I import.

My guess is the Weber goes double distance.... just me saying that... no empirical stats (a nod to Mikey/Gorgon)

never be afraid to import............

Carbon -- 300 pesos for the BIG saco........... the rice kind.
Look deep in the campo for that deal and never buy less than 2 at a time..........

not always disponible.........