Beach Fireworks

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
The beach I frequent on the east coast has a row of hotels and their beaches in each lateral direction. Every now and then I can hear fireworks being set off on the beach hotels. I asked some security people along the beach about the "works" and they suggested that the hotels sell fireworks packages to their tourists. True or not true.

If true, I would like to purchase some for my own beach entertainment activities. Is this a feasible idea?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
The beach I frequent on the east coast has a row of hotels and their beaches in each lateral direction. Every now and then I can hear fireworks being set off on the beach hotels. I asked some security people along the beach about the "works" and they suggested that the hotels sell fireworks packages to their tourists. True or not true.

If true, I would like to purchase some for my own beach entertainment activities. Is this a feasible idea?

I could understand some of the hotels setting off fireworks but selling them to tourists, I would doubt it. Of course , they probably would not see the liability they would incure by doing that. Seriously, I doubt that something that is such a fire hazard would not be treated more cautiously.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I could understand some of the hotels setting off fireworks but selling them to tourists, I would doubt it. Of course , they probably would not see the liability they would incure by doing that. Seriously, I doubt that something that is such a fire hazard would not be treated more cautiously.

Makes sense. The packages, if they are sold, are probably done so with onsite staff management/oversight. I'll keep looking for anything that maybe reasonably possible/practical.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The sell is a package for private events at the resorts, such as weddings and conventions. The resort and the fireworks contractor are in control of the displays. Usually they last no more the 15 minutes.

Regards,

PJT