I am back !!!!!!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So after 3 long months back in europe without dr1 ( strangely not accessible from france ), I am finally back in my campo in the dr......... For a week or or 2 I had withdrawl symptoms.... ( the dr not dr1, well ok a bit....)

Trying to catch up on whats up on dr1. More or less same old song.....:)

So, got paperwork done back home for residencia. Got my visa, flew over 2 days after, today went to migracion at santiago.
Everything needs doing again.......... so much for the better new laws we were hearing about..........
Anyway queued up 3 hours ( yes 3....) for an act de matrimonio legalizado...... now I understand why u cant carry a firearm in official dr buildings....... I was having daydreams involving handgrenades, mangeled bodies and an M-60 machine gun.......

While we were there my wife took the opprtunity to get her new cedula. 6 hours, 6 f&^/ing hours...... unbelievable.
Back in france we would have burnt the place to the ground with all the employees locked in......... ( with the amount of nail varnish and hair spray the employees were using it would have burnt like a match.......).

Anyway, I got the pleasure of driving all the way to santiago like a maniac ( 3 months of driving in switzerland will do that to anyone........).

So IF I get through the process ( now to be continued in santo domingo arghhhhhhhh ), I will have to buy some overpriced champagne here........

Thank god for small pleasures like chicharon and concon and empenadas and even presidente.............