Narco police / guananico

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So after having left dr1 for a couple of months, I have been browsing through threads......
One in particular got my attention...... the one about the AA guy getting hosed down by PN in POP.
I didnt understand why the thread was closed........

In the last week of june, a local farmer ( land lord is probably more accurate ), got stopped on the road guananico/imbert by "narco police ". Robbed, kidnapped, hog tied, and nearly thrown in the river at imbert. A local securitas guy saw them trying to throw him in the river, tied up!!!!!! He let off a couple of 9mm shots, narco poloceshot back and fled. Securityguy rescued victim.

They robbed him of his hilux pickup, shotgun, pistol and 600 000 pesos..........
That is for the story.
Local authorities put out a story saying it was ladrones impressionating police......... yeah right.
They were driving one of the thoese black pickups ( like narco PN ). They were clad in black, right down to body armour and balaclavas, just like narco PN. They all had automatic rifles, just like narco PN.

The guys pickup was found in haiti, discarded.

Local rumors has that they really are narco PN, who work with a known haitian bandito.......

Anyway, it comforts me in my decison, never never to stop at night on that road, whatever happens.
If I remember rightly, I was criticised on dr1, a couple of years ago, when I explained that I drove through ( around off the road ) a PN road block. Explained to my wife when I got home, she said it was the rigjt way to do it. Next day ( in daylight ) drove down to PN staion in guananico, to explain. They actually told me I had the right reaction, even if it was a legitimate PN roadblock ( but who was to know )!!!!!!!!!!! Only in the dr !!!!!

All that to say I think some posters were a bit harsh with the AA who got into that situation.....

Never trust the PN........

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
that was a big case. you need to remember that there are many instances when people were attacked or robbed by criminals dressed as police/military. just last year a police patrol was gunned down by criminals dressed in police uniform, who set "control point" on the road. real policemen stopped to check this and ended up dead.