Foreigners crying to get DR only Pizza choice!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
New Double Hut Cheese Pizza Has Double The Stuffed Crust

Just when you thought pizza couldn?t get better than stuffed crust pizza Pizza hut goes and makes a double stuffed crust pizza.
No, we?re not talking double the cheese bursting through the outer crust, we?re talking a second ring of stuffed crust in the middle of the freaking pizza. Hear that? That?s the sound of junk food addicts? minds all over the world being blown with too much epicness.
The kicker? The inner sanctum of stuffed crust goodness also houses a cup of marinara sauce for your dipping pleasure. Double the stuffed crust, double the fun.
Now for the bad news, the Double Hut Cheese Pizza is currently only available in the Dominican Republic. I know, we?re heartbroken too

Read more at New Double Hut Cheese Pizza Has Double The Stuffed Crust |Foodbeast

Doble-Stuffed-Pizza.jpg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You might want to eat pizza in other parts of the planet, before imagining anyone is going to cry for the lack of access to a particular Pizza Hut creation :)

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Hopefully Palla Pizza will follow suit. (they're closer to my house):nervous:

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Monchi's is the best in the DR :)

There used to be a pizza truck in the old parking lot of then Cine Doble (before it had the third screen added) called Pin-Pan Pizza.
They served a mini pie that was topped with ANY choice of yours and they had like endless choices to pick from. My favorite then was ham and three cheese blend with corn (sweet kernels) plus some green peppers around.

They ended up having to move to other place since the cafeteria Cine Doble also was in the Pizza sales biz and they were losing clients to the truck by the loads.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
which others have you had? Dominos?

I have traveled well enough to know and tasted some weird and some very good slices of Pizza.

Pizza from a franchise is the worst kind. No matter the brand or style they make it reeks of cheap non-fresh ingredients.
But for busy and overworked people it's the best they can handle within sanity.

Of all places the best slice of Pizza I sank my teeth into was in Athens. Since I could not even pronounce the name it got lost to this day what exactly it was called. But it was veeeeeeery good!

May 29, 2006
Oh dear.. another thread on pizza.. I truly feel sorry for anyone who thinks anything made by Pizza Hut can be edible. Frozen dough run through a conveyor belt oven and very poor quality cheese.

The guy who used to own Chico's in Cabrera is suppose to be opening in Santiago anytime now. I'll see if I can find his new location. Wood-fired stone refractory oven.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
There are some decent Pizza shops in the DR. Suprisingly much like the rest of the world they are not franchise.

When it comes to Pizza depending on your taste you need a small family owned shop.

I would never eat Pizza Hut Dominoes Papa Johns Little Ceasars or any of that sugar infused garbage.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Using the word PIZZA in the same sentence as Pizza Hut, Little Ceasar's, even Papa John's is an oxymoron and I thing actually illegal in many places. :)

Bob K

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I have had Dominos pizza in many countries. It is well defined. The exception is here in Santiago. The crust was 1/2 raw! Despite training, automation and well defined processes they ****ed it up.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
There's a brick oven pizzeria on Duarte* in Boca Chica. I ate there some time ago and the pizza was outstanding. The Italian owner was there and was very active in running the place.

*The legendary Peter Hayward called Duarte "the high street".

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
On the San Pedro to Boca Chica highway just west of Guavaberry, in a place that looks just like a regular parada. Italian owner/manager, huge wood-fired brick oven and the best pizza I've had since I left Rome nearly 10 years ago.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I love DR pizza anytime over any others... Wait! Make that second best to the one I make at home nowadays!

Do you like to have corn on your pizza?

Pizza in the DR is passable at best and generally quite awful. It speaks volumes when Pizza Hut is touted as a great pizza.