Sosua Bay Hotel Open?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It appears that the Sosua Bay Hotel is open again after being closed for some time.

Does anyone have information on what is happening at the hotel? Name change? New management company? Plans for the future?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
@Ken -Don't you live 1/2 a block away, have you thought about asking the front desk for information?

tio tambo'

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
We ate in Bourbon Street on Friday night and had to enter through the hotel, it didn't look open to me.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We ate in Bourbon Street on Friday night and had to enter through the hotel, it didn't look open to me.

I agree, and that is why I am wondering why it is necessary to enter through the hotel. Until a couple of weeks ago the entrance to the hotel was gated and the gate leading directly to Victoria House/Bourbon Street was open. Now that gate is locked and people must enter through the hotel.

I would imagine this must be a problem for Victoria House/Bourbon street since the signs for both are by the locked gate.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I heard the whole place was "sub-let" for a 4th of July weekend Party.

Yes, there was big crowd for that weekend.

But what I don't understand is why after that weekend the gate direct to Victoria House was locked and everyone required to go through the hotel. That gate was not locked after the weekend party, just the Victoria House gate.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes, there was big crowd for that weekend.

But what I don't understand is why after that weekend the gate direct to Victoria House was locked and everyone required to go through the hotel. That gate was not locked after the weekend party, just the Victoria House gate.

Apparently Tourismo does not have this sort of event on the "New Sosua" approved list.