shootout in el flow (now premium bar)

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I was wondering when that would hit the newspapers. I heard about that the on Sunday morning and was Google'ing but nothing was coming up online... so now we get the story.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Unlucky but Fortunately

one man is in a critical state in CMC. looks like he is an unlucky client, in 2001 he was

I think, it was 2011, when he was shot by a woman ("La Pistolera")...

(...) Luckily the bar policy has changed little. (...) So the name has changed from El Flow into Premium Disco Bar & Caf?, but the atmosphere has fortunately remained unchanged

Yes Ken, great atmosphere... :classic:

{Reading the comments to the article in 'Detras Del Rumor' sheds some light on the patrons of that 'premium'bar. :tired: }

donP

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2006
It must be rewarding for some don Nadie or Fulano to know that he can shoot or get shot in a bar and have it labeled un "acontecimiento de gran trancendencia."

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I have to just add that this situation is really ****ing me off. I prefer Flow to the other bars on PC and know most (possibly all though I haven't been there in a few weeks) of the security guards. It really bothers me that when you are friends or the security recognizes you to be there often that they may not check you as well. Talk about **** for tourism!!!!

Not only that but the dude who got shot - how the F do you get shot in the same bar twice in 4 years - what are the odds of that??? Makes me think perhaps he is trouble. How does a guy known to have been shot there get in there again?

I am so mad because unless I see over time some major evidence that they have improved security I am not going there anymore. Actually - I don't even think that matters. The last thing I want to do is be in a bar when a shooting happens. WOW.

This is exactly why I stopped going to La Canita in POP. I was there one night and something went down and the people rushed the door like a hurd of elephants. My guy slammed my on the ground (I was hit in the face with a chair on my way down) and he was literally trampled and couldn't get out of bed for 2 weeks because his back was really banged up. That was 8 months ago and I have never returned since.

I want the best for Sosua. They made a lot of changes in Flow after the incident in 2012 but nothing bad happens for a while and I guess people get lax. The people who work there - waiters, bartenders, managers --- all great people. To me this is seriously a problem with the security and they should all be fired and replaced as far as I am concerned.

Oh and my Spanish is ok - but correct me if I am wrong - did that article say the taxi driver who shot the guy get released from the PN when arriving at the station? Can someone confirm?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Oh and my Spanish is ok - but correct me if I am wrong - did that article say the taxi driver who shot the guy get released from the PN when arriving at the station? Can someone confirm?

i think "el taxista" may be just a nickname but the rest is correct. the article says he was detained and then, without explanation, the police let him escape when arriving at the station.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have to just add that this situation is really ****ing me off. I prefer Flow to the other bars on PC and know most (possibly all though I haven't been there in a few weeks) of the security guards. It really bothers me that when you are friends or the security recognizes you to be there often that they may not check you as well. Talk about **** for tourism!!!!

Not only that but the dude who got shot - how the F do you get shot in the same bar twice in 4 years - what are the odds of that??? Makes me think perhaps he is trouble. How does a guy known to have been shot there get in there again?

I am so mad because unless I see over time some major evidence that they have improved security I am not going there anymore. Actually - I don't even think that matters. The last thing I want to do is be in a bar when a shooting happens. WOW.

This is exactly why I stopped going to La Canita in POP. I was there one night and something went down and the people rushed the door like a hurd of elephants. My guy slammed my on the ground (I was hit in the face with a chair on my way down) and he was literally trampled and couldn't get out of bed for 2 weeks because his back was really banged up. That was 8 months ago and I have never returned since.

I want the best for Sosua. They made a lot of changes in Flow after the incident in 2012 but nothing bad happens for a while and I guess people get lax. The people who work there - waiters, bartenders, managers --- all great people. To me this is seriously a problem with the security and they should all be fired and replaced as far as I am concerned.

what in Sam Hill are you doing in La Canita? what are you doing hanging with people who go to La Canita? that is the quintessential ghetto bar, catering to the lowest chopo elements of POP.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
@ The Gorgon - Well... I know how to dance very well to latin music and so I like to get out of tourist areas so I can hear better music. I go to all kinds of different bars - actually I prefer Dominican bars over tourist ones - though I do go to tourist ones too to support everyone. Ironically it was a place I used to go about 8-10 years ago and after taking break from DR I went back and noticed a HUGE difference. I guess when you are in your early 20's you don't realize how somewhere you are going could be dangerous bla bla bla. Anyway returned in my 30's and that was what happened and I was really scared... hence the never going back.

Another irony - on the other thread I commented on you not liking the way that other poster was speaking to you. Well here is @William one of my personal little bullies, who along with 1 or 2 other likes to follow me around and patronize me at every opportunity. William I don't find you funny - your comments are not funny, nothing you really to contribute to conversations I am having and I would really rather if you would put me on ignore and stop bothering me.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
@ The Gorgon - Well... I know how to dance very well to latin music and so I like to get out of tourist areas so I can hear better music. I go to all kinds of different bars - actually I prefer Dominican bars over tourist ones - though I do go to tourist ones too to support everyone. Ironically it was a place I used to go about 8-10 years ago and after taking break from DR I went back and noticed a HUGE difference. I guess when you are in your early 20's you don't realize how somewhere you are going could be dangerous bla bla bla. Anyway returned in my 30's and that was what happened and I was really scared... hence the never going back.

Another irony - on the other thread I commented on you not liking the way that other poster was speaking to you. Well here is @William one of my personal little bullies, who along with 1 or 2 other likes to follow me around and patronize me at every opportunity. William I don't find you funny - your comments are not funny, nothing you really to contribute to conversations I am having and I would really rather if you would put me on ignore and stop bothering me.

You have two choices when it comes to other dr1 members who you think are following you.
1- learn to live with it.
2- ingnor them.
The more you acknowledge them the more the will make themselves known. Plus, if you think this is bad you really haven't seen anything yet. Don't wear your feelings on your shirt sleeve when they get easily bruised.
Also, what do you expect from El Flow! Its always been a shaddy place with incidents all the time.

drescape24

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

You have some sort of a complex, I have you on ignore for over a week so far, and noticed you are still paranoid that people are following you around, yeah that's the ticket!
This is not Twitter sweetheart, get over it.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bar Preference

what in Sam Hill are you doing in La Canita? what are you doing hanging with people who go to La Canita? that is the quintessential ghetto bar, catering to the lowest chopo elements of POP.

Well, if she were :confused: a bitch, I'd say she is in heat..... :rolleyes:

donP

May 29, 2006
:::NEWSFLASH:::

Tambo posts often, if not always on Sosua threads.. See also, CC and about a half dozen other DR1 regs.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

well, the only positive in this posting of yours is that you are not going back to La Canita. look at the folks who go there. this is not the cream of society we are talking about. i like to dance too, but the surrounding company has to be a little above the level of farm animals. find somewhere that is populated by creatures who can recognize their names written on a napkin.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Never did like that place. The music is so loud my teeth vibrate making conversation impossible. How can a man expect to banter and barter with the chicas when you cant talk.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Never did like that place. The music is so loud my teeth vibrate making conversation impossible. How can a man expect to banter and barter with the chicas when you cant talk.

it is a glorified car wash. did i say glorified? my bad.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
El Flow = Chopos, enough said.

You have issues with posters, PM them and tell them to back off, simple.
If you want it even simpler, add them to your ignore list.

I suggest you all get back on topic or this thread is erased.

Cat herding...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

So you're a whoremonger, we get it.

Please take it to another site that caters to whore mongering.

Thanks.

Anyone else?