Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally, Claro unleashes the LTE monster.

LTE (4G) is here and it took over the internet by storm. I just got my new 4G card from claro and wow, my internet is flying. download speed is clocked at 45 mbps and upload is 10+ mbps. its just insane fast. I am sure in zones where network has good signal, people will clock above 50 mbps. youtube videos come in super sharp in HD, skype calls are flawless and google voice calls are just lifelike in 4g network. The coverage is pretty good all over the major cities in DR. the 4g sim card is free and you get higher speed for free with any network plan.
    Enjoy.
    AZB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    LTE (4G) is here and it took over the internet by storm. I just got my new 4G card from claro and wow, my internet is flying. download speed is clocked at 45 mbps and upload is 10+ mbps. its just insane fast. I am sure in zones where network has good signal, people will clock above 50 mbps. youtube videos come in super sharp in HD, skype calls are flawless and google voice calls are just lifelike in 4g network. The coverage is pretty good all over the major cities in DR. the 4g sim card is free and you get higher speed for free with any network plan.
    Enjoy.
    AZB
    thanks for the info. i am off to talk to them today.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

iPhone pending...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    thanks for the info. i am off to talk to them today.
    make sure you don't leave the claro office until the new 4g chip is working. they screwed me and my sim was not working. they told me it will be up and running within 35 minutes. it came to work after 3 visits. so make sure the sim works. oh and make sure your cell has 4g frequency of 1900mhz.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they have a wifi AP-only device?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    make sure you don't leave the claro office until the new 4g chip is working. they screwed me and my sim was not working. they told me it will be up and running within 35 minutes. it came to work after 3 visits. so make sure the sim works. oh and make sure your cell has 4g frequency of 1900mhz.
    thanks, again..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Now all we need are prepaid plans with a higher cap. The 5GB plan won't last anywhere near 60 days at 4g speed. Tricom's 10gb plan barely lasts 60 days (if you can refill it).

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsimonson0 View Post
    Now all we need are prepaid plans with a higher cap. The 5GB plan won't last anywhere near 60 days at 4g speed. Tricom's 10gb plan barely lasts 60 days (if you can refill it).
    How much is Claro's 5GB internet plan [for phone]? I usually use their USB stick.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

50MB 4G LTE in DR?
    I have 1 GB plan on my cell phone I wonder how quickly I can use up all my data???LOL

As side note.
    Can I get some decent speed at home as well?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I just replaced my chip and claro gave me the new chip that has 4G stamped on it.
    AZB remember you helped me with my phone before ( thanks) but I 'm wondering if the H+ signal is 4G?

I prepaid for a week worth of data 700mb, but that lasted 3 days, lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast