Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What Is The Average Monthly Income In DR in RD$?

What Is The Average Monthly Income In DR in RD$?

as far as I'm concerned most jobs in DR do not pay RD$430 an hour, yet for some reason I keep hearing people
    complaining about the cost of living and how money is not enough.

Please someone tell me, is RD$22000 monthly income enough for a single man to support him self on a extended vacation?

2. Likes BostonMary liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

no. most places will not have hotels less than $1000 pesos a night. Sometimes there are $300 pesos a night places for Haitians and truck drivers but not in that many many places. You would not be having what we would call a "vacation"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StephenChen View Post
    Please someone tell me, is RD$22000 monthly income enough for a single man to support him self on a extended vacation?
    That is allowing you only 733 D.P. ($17. U.S.) per day for a 30 day month.............
    That includes lodging, food, entertainment, transportation, and extras...........
    It will be very very rough to enjoy yourself with that kind of money...........
    If you have a place to stay for free, like a friend..........you could make it..........
    It would still be very tight.........

B in Santiago

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Even I ( see past threads ) couldnt live on 22 000 pesos a month !!!! And I have no rent, a car and a bike for getting around........ and I live in the middle of nowhere........ and I eat my own veggeies, fruit, chicken and pork..........
    A carton of M#######cigarettes is 1350 pesos........ if u smoke a packet a day thats already 4000 pesos, ie a big dent in a budget.....

6. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The average salary for 90% of the population is about 8-10k pesos a month. How can they make it on that ? .They all live with multiple family members, sharing beds. There is usually a relative from somewhere who chips in a $100 or 2 a month to help out with expenses.

8. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I know of one American guy who's living on half that amount ie $11,000 per month. He pays for a room with a fan $3500 per month in Monte Cristi. He doesn't smoke and he only eats fruit that he scavenges for. He supplements his diet with packets of cheese macaroni. He does drink rum within this budget.

He cannot go home and he's opted to die here.

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Even I ( see past threads ) couldnt live on 22 000 pesos a month !!!! And I have no rent, a car and a bike for getting around........ and I live in the middle of nowhere........ and I eat my own veggeies, fruit, chicken and pork..........
    A carton of M#######cigarettes is 1350 pesos........ if u smoke a packet a day thats already 4000 pesos, ie a big dent in a budget.....

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayinRD View Post
    The average salary for 90% of the population is about 8-10k pesos a month. How can they make it on that ? .They all live with multiple family members, sharing beds. There is usually a relative from somewhere who chips in a $100 or 2 a month to help out with expenses.
    I don' t think that is correct. The median is 6000 US$ per year 50% of the population below that. That makes 21,500 RD$/mo.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommeyers View Post
    I don' t think that is correct. The median is 6000 US$ per year 50% below that. That makes 21,500 RD$/mo.
    Are you saying that the average Dominican earns 21,500 pesos per month? I'd like to see the source for those numbers and the demographic. From experience that number is highly inflated.

12. Likes Harleysrock, waytogo, N/A, El-Jefe, SKing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leromero View Post
    Are you saying that the average Dominican earns 21,500 pesos per month? I'd like to see the source for those numbers and the demographic. From experience that number is highly inflated.
    Been here for 8 years, and every Dominican I know makes between RD 6000-8000 per month.............
    And they are still scared to death of one day losing their job...........

B in Santiago

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    Been here for 8 years, and every Dominican I know makes between RD 6000-8000 per month.............
    And they are still scared to death of one day losing their job...........

B in Santiago
    That's about the same amount that the peeps in my barrio make as well.

15. Likes waytogo liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast