Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Is men and boys swimming with full clothes on Dominican thing?

    I've noticed people jumping into pool with shirts, tanktops, shorts or jeans and security consistently have to ask them to remove tank tops and wear swimming suit instead of jeans. Hotel had been pleading this rules over and over several times for sake of sanitary purpose ask them to remove the top and wear proper swiming suits. I don't know if it really is unsanitary or perhaps tripadvisor reviews tip the upper hotel staff off. But it got to be little annoying after hearing same announcements over and over and I am not so found of pool dress code police monitoring...

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    some do not have swimming shorts at all.
    others do not want to get burned by the sun.

  3. Likes Criss Colon, yacht chef liked this post
  4. #3
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think it is unsanitary unless they are wearing diapers. But it is a little unsafe because the clothes can restrict the movements of a swimmer. Societies past and present restricted the amount of skin shown but you ud
    Usually see those clothed bathers usually stay near shore.

  5. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,821
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's not uncommon at all, just frown on by some. I think it may be a class issue more than a sanitation thing.

  6. Likes Africaida, zoomzx11 liked this post
  7. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,821
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommeyers View Post
    I don't think it is unsanitary unless they are wearing diapers. But it is a little unsafe because the clothes can restrict the movements of a swimmer. Societies past and present restricted the amount of skin shown but you ud
    Usually see those clothed bathers usually stay near shore.
    From my observation, most don't know how to swim (or at least don't swim, hence my assumption). A swimmer would find that too uncomfortable.

  8. #6
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It is also an easy way to wash your clothes. ;-)

  9. Likes Harleysrock, zoomzx11, frank12 liked this post
  10. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    it is regular practice here in the DR for people to get into swimming pools with clothes on. the owners of the pools try to tell them that the street clothes attract and collect dust and grime, and make the pool dirty, unnecessarily. it falls on deaf ears.

  11. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,821
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    it is regular practice here in the DR for people to get into swimming pools with clothes on. the owners of the pools try to tell them that the street clothes attract and collect dust and grime, and make the pool dirty, unnecessarily. it falls on deaf ears.
    That is why I am not a fan of public or hotel pools. I am old school, I am used to being forced into a shower before getting into the pool.

  12. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    That is why I am not a fan of public or hotel pools. I am old school, I am used to being forced into a shower before getting into the pool.
    Me too.
    As kids growing up, we could not even dream of getting near the pool without first passing through the showers.
    lol...
    All those little niceties.....gone.
    What really, really ruined it for me though was an occurrance that left a lasting memory.
    Whilst swimming along (the crawl), my hand entered the water and as I skulled back I felt the unmistakable sensation of a rather long hair caught up and twisted between my fingers.
    Omg....
    Even just writing about it and I'm having a reaction. ugh....gross.
    I have written on other threads about my repulsions/phobias over hairs.
    Seriously folks.....It's no joke.
    (lol).
    Seriously.

  13. Likes corsair74 liked this post
  14. #10
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyinroom View Post
    Me too.
    As kids growing up, we could not even dream of getting near the pool without first passing through the showers.
    lol...
    All those little niceties.....gone.
    What really, really ruined it for me though was an occurrance that left a lasting memory.
    Whilst swimming along (the crawl), my hand entered the water and as I skulled back I felt the unmistakable sensation of a rather long hair caught up and twisted between my fingers.
    Omg....
    Even just writing about it and I'm having a reaction. ugh....gross.
    I have written on other threads about my repulsions/phobias over hairs.
    Seriously folks.....It's no joke.
    (lol).
    Yup. That's pretty gross.

  15. Likes flyinroom liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •