DR1 get together at Village on the Beach, Boca Chica

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
It has been awhile since we had a DR1 get together and therefore it might be good to have another one for Saturday, August 2nd.
Have spoken with Thaylor and he would like to offer the following specials.

1) Red beans and rice with curry chicken (Jamaican style)
2) Cheeseburger and fries
3) Chicken wings and fries
Price per person is RD500 and includes two national beverages (Presidente small, Cuba Libre or soda)

For the ones who would like to stay overnight accommodations can be arranged
So come on down to Boca Chica and have a good time!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Hmmm might be a well deserved "mom/spouse" vacation. Anyone else????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was at the "DR1 Thanksgiving Dinner" in Boca Chica last November.
"Just Like Mom Used To Make"!!!!!!!
I sure hope I can make it again.
Anything that gets Frank's "Seal Of Approval", is good enough for me.
Maybe I can convince "Celt2" to give me a ride again.
Thanks for the "Invite" Frank, save me some "Wings"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
ps, you can swim in the water about 6 feet away from the patios.
You can see how close in the picture!
Beautiful place!

Jun 18, 2007
In the event that one would like to order from the menu:

Starters
Fruit & Cheese Platter
Assorted Caribbean Fruit, Assorted Cheese and Crackers.

Cheese Fries
Golden fries smothered with bacon, cheddar, mozzarella, and pepper jack cheese served with ranch dressing.

Classic Chicken Tenders
Served with choice of barbecue or spicy buffalo sauce.

Grilled Wings
Portions of wings in barbecue or buffalo wings.

Quesadillas
Served on a golden tortilla with cheddar, mozzarella, tomatoes and red onions. Severed with salsa and sour cream.
w/Chicken
w/Shrimp

Sliders
Two delicious mini-sized bite hamburgers topped with cheese and sliced tomato.

Ultimate Platter
A platter of, Buffalo or BBQ Wings, Sliders, Fried Plantains and French Fries

Loaded Potato Skins
Loaded with melted cheddar and crispy bacon, Served with sour cream

Chicken Skewers
Fresh chicken fillet and vegetables skewered and seasoned in Chef Markens’s special delicious variety of mild spices for full flavor.

Shrimp Skewers
Fresh Shrimp marinated in a blend of Caribbean Spices created by Chef Markens.

Beef Skewers
Marinated Grilled Beef, Saut?ed Onions, Peppers and Chef Markens’s secret spices.

Skewer Beef, Skewer Chicken & Shrimp Skewer
Assortment of Beef, Chicken & Shrimp Skewer with assorted vegetables.

BBQ Chicken Flat Bread Pizza
Flat bread topped with chicken, BBQ sauce, cheese blend, red onions, and cilantro.

Veggie Cheese Flat Bread Pizza
Flat bread topped with onions, pepper, cheese sauce, pepper jack cheese.

SALADS

Steak Salad
Top sirloin atop a spring lettuce mix with avocado, tomato, carrots, and mozzarella cheese tossed in a balsamic dressing.

Traditional Caesar Salad
With romaine lettuce, croutons, parmesan cheese, and a creamy Caesar dressing
(Add grilled chicken or shrimp)

Grilled Chicken Salad
Chicken tenders atop romaine lettuce, avocado, tomato, and cheddar cheese tossed in ranch dressing, drizzled with BBQ sauce.
(Grilled chicken or shrimp available upon request)

L’Oceana Salad
Mixed greens tossed with fruit, red onions Gorgonzola cheese and toasted walnuts served with Chef Markens secret dressing.

SANDWICHES, WRAPS & PANINIS
*All Sandwiches served with the selection of French fries, small salad, fresh fruit, or baked potato. We proudly use fresh Certified Angus Beef for all our burgers. Burgers will be cooked well done unless otherwise specified.

Bacon Cheeseburger
With three pepper bacon and cheddar cheese

Boca Chica House Burger
With three-pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, cooked onion, and barbecue sauce.

Cheesesteak
Grilled shaved ribeye steak with onions, and mushrooms, and cheese

Turkey Club Sandwich
Freshly roasted turkey breast, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise on white toast.

Fish Sandwich
Grilled salmon with three pepper bacon, tomato, and lettuce

Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Crispy chicken breast tossed in buffalo sauce and topped with blue cheese crumbles

Chicken Grilled Sandwich
Marinated, grilled, and then topped with cooked onions, tomatoes, and provolone cheese

Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A traditional grilled cheese sandwich with American cheese on whole wheat bread.*

Cajun Chicken Sandwich
Grilled Cajun chicken breast topped with red bell peppers, onions, and pepper jack cheese

Chicken and Avocado Wrap
Grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, romaine lettuce, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese tossed in ranch dressing and wrapped in a flour tortilla

Turkey Club Wrap
Sliced turkey, avocado, three pepper bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, and tomato with chipotle mayonnaise wrapped in a flour tortilla

ENTREES
Baby Back Ribs
A full slab of slowly roasted barbecue ribs served with mash potatoes

Angus New York Strip
Charbroiled and topped with onions and peppers. Served with seasonal vegetables and a baked potato.

Grilled Garlic BBQ Roasted Half Chicken
Served with seasonal vegetables and house-made mashed potatoes topped with bacon, cheddar cheese, and chives.

Grilled Salmon
Fresh Salmon grilled to perfection serviced with, seasonal vegetables and house-made mashed potatoes.

Grilled Shrimp
Saut?ed in a garlic wine sauce, tossed with diced tomatoes, served with seasonal vegetables and French fries.

Fresh Lobster (market price)
Steamed lobster, served with sweet corn on the cob and roasted potatoes.

DESSERT

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae
A chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla bean ice cream, hot fudge, caramel sauce, and whipped cream.

L’ Oceana Lava Cake
A chocolate cake with a warm chocolate center, topped with vanilla bean ice cream, and whipped cream.

Rum Carrot Cake
House-made carrot cake with walnuts, cream cheese icing, and a rum caramel sauce.

Milkshakes
Chocolate, Strawberry, or Vanilla.

It has me mouth watering ;)

BarAndGrillGuy

Jul 23, 2014
It has been awhile since we had a DR1 get together and therefore it might be good to have another one for Saturday, August 2nd.
Have spoken with Thaylor and he would like to offer the following specials.

1) Red beans and rice with curry chicken (Jamaican style)
2) Cheeseburger and fries
3) Chicken wings and fries
Price per person is RD500 and includes two national beverages (Presidente small, Cuba Libre or soda)

For the ones who would like to stay overnight accommodations can be arranged
So come on down to Boca Chica and have a good time!

Is there anyone driving down from the Sosua / Cabarete area?....If so....Perhaps I could hitch a ride....share gas and maybe a double room in BC?

Cheers,

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I had the pleasure and I repeat "the pleasure" of meeting Frank at Village on the Beach today. Frank has to be the welcoming committee for Boca Chica at Village on the Beach.

Sometimes in life you meet people you are just glad to know and he is one of those people. I did not introduce myself as a DR1er until ready to leave. As far as Frank knew I was just another stranger, tourist or whatever but this man went all out just to make sure I was happy.

Yes Frank, those chicken wings past the test.

Nice to have met you and will see you again............

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Be careful what you ask for!!!!!!
I can just see 50 Thirsty DR1ers showing up for their free, "Shot & A Beer"!!!!!
I want some of that "Fried Conch"!!!!!
Awesome!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jun 18, 2007
I wish I could make that meeting but I could not. How about a small meet and greet in December sometime? That is my favorite month. PS if anyone asks me for a loan in advance NOOOOOOOOO! LOL RE .(http://dr1.com/forums/legal/144753-recovering-money-loan.html) But a beer, oh yeah on me and a shot of your favorite distilled.

Well maybe we could do that for December and it will be my pleasure to take you up on the offer.
Am part Dutch and they love things for free ;)

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Be careful what you ask for!!!!!!
I can just see 50 Thirsty DR1ers showing up for their free, "Shot & A Beer"!!!!!
I want some of that "Fried Conch"!!!!!
Awesome!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Couldn't be more than that bad loan. LOL

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2006
Can anyone provide a recipe for fried conch?

I love Bahamian style conch fritters, but Dominicans seem to like to do unspeakable things to conches that render them rubbery, tasteless and bland. Sort of like stale marisco flavored chewing gum.

I recall seeing this more than once: "The secret of all conch recipes is in the spices."
The DR is many things, great and less than great, but this much is certain: it is NOT a spice island.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can anyone provide a recipe for fried conch?

I love Bahamian style conch fritters, but Dominicans seem to like to do unspeakable things to conches that render them rubbery, tasteless and bland. Sort of like stale marisco flavored chewing gum.

I recall seeing this more than once: "The secret of all conch recipes is in the spices."
The DR is many things, great and less than great, but this much is certain: it is NOT a spice island.

You seem to have tremendous difficulty staying on topic. DR1 is not your giant chat room.

http://dr1.com/forums/living/144866-do-no-eat-lambi.html