Armed robbery on golf course

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
At the exclusive Casa de Campo resort , a golfer together with his caddy were robbed of their money , cel phones and watches by an armed man who suddenly appeared on the Dye Fore course . It is the latest in a long list of security problems at the resort that have involved robbery from houses when the owners are overseas , at least three murders and multiple deaths from cholera. Some houses have been robbed multiple times and some how large items are slipped through the security gates with seemingly little problem Where can you feel safe here ??

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I have never been there but have been wanted to check it out. I would of thought it would have been a more secure place. Somethings are the same cost of more here then the US. But labor is a lot cheaper and people seem to want to have jobs here. Seems like no excuse not to have adequate security at a place like that.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
IMHO. Security at most of these fenced, patrolled and gated communities is only an appearance. Residents "feel safe" and often the sense of security make them careless and easy pickings. Would not live in one. I like being head of security in my house. Worked just fine so far but I am ready, waiting and have a plan.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
yes I did not mention that drug case nor the murder and rape of a girl taken from Casa de Campo to Rio Soco nor the muder of a painter by a security guard or the robberies of watches from the golf bags of various guests .. It was simply that most people feel safe on a golf course .

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
At the exclusive Casa de Campo resort , a golfer together with his caddy were robbed of their money , cel phones and watches by an armed man who suddenly appeared on the Dye Fore course . It is the latest in a long list of security problems at the resort that have involved robbery from houses when the owners are overseas , at least three murders and multiple deaths from cholera. Some houses have been robbed multiple times and some how large items are slipped through the security gates with seemingly little problem Where can you feel safe here ??

Yahtzee!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Kipling" Do you have an ENEMY trying to sell a house in "Casa de Campo"????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I haven't seen anything in the papers about anything you posted.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Someone gets caught committing a crime at that golf course and it is likely that their body will be discovered in a sugar cane field in a different province.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Better to be head of security in your own home within a secure perimeter of a gated community that you trust.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I find this story hard to believe. I'm not saying it's not true. Getting into Casa de Campo is like getting into Fort Knox. You'd have an easier time robbing a bank anywhere on this island then robbing someone on the golf course inside Casa de Campo and getting away with it. Why? Because at a bank, there are only two security guards. Two armed people can easily disarm them at the same time, while a third one robs the bank. Three man team is all it would take to pull it off.

But getting into Casa de Campo--which has up to 50 or more security guards--and would involve getting through a pretty heavily guarded perimeter, then robbing someone in broad daylight on a golf course, and then being able to get back to the perimeter unnoticed, while you alert the guards what just happened--that would be very hard to pull off.

I'm not saying it can't be done...anything can be done...but I would think it would be hard to pull off and get away with since the perimeters are so far away, and the robbery is taking place in broad daylight--presuming the people robbed were playing golf in the daytime!?

As far breaking into someone's house while they're away. That can be done anywhere, anytiime, and it's something that's nearly impossible to guard against if you're out of the country. But getting big, or heavy stuff through the guard gate...well, that might be hard, but again, nothin is impossible.

Conclusion: I would like to see more details and proof of the brazen daytime robbery on the golf course. I can be convinced of anything, but i want to see the proof.

Frank

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
No matter how quiet the administration try to cover up everything bad in Casa de Campo, very very soon the employees who all travel on employees buses start talking about the various things ,And as , on the week end I was told this independently by three different people I am hundred per cent sure of the accuracy . Further more the murder and the rape of the girl and the murder of a painter by a security man and the robbery of the jewellery store all were in the papers.. I am happier living in Zona Colonial ,It is dirt easy for workers to enter into Casa de Campo ..you can see them coming in truck loads of more than 50 people

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Employees"???????????
If I had a "Peso" for every Dominican that told me that Dominican kids are being kidnapped, taken to Puerto Rico, where their "Organs" are removed and then sold, I'd be "Rico"!
If a Dominican "Swears It's TRUE", It Ain't!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
No matter how quiet the administration try to cover up everything bad in Casa de Campo, very very soon the employees who all travel on employees buses start talking about the various things ,And as , on the week end I was told this independently by three different people I am hundred per cent sure of the accuracy . Further more the murder and the rape of the girl and the murder of a painter by a security man and the robbery of the jewellery store all were in the papers.. I am happier living in Zona Colonial ,It is dirt easy for workers to enter into Casa de Campo ..you can see them coming in truck loads of more than 50 people

I respect your opinion, but i have some questions:

1. A girl got murdered and raped by who? a blind date? someone she knew? an employee? A one night stand from one of the many bars? A security guard? Not enough info here. Girls get raped everywhere...lots of different circumstances...did she know the attacker? Was it random? Was she walking down the street? Playing golf? Sitting at home crocheting? etc.

2. A painter got killed by a security man. Ok, was the painter robbing a house? Was the painter out of line? What did he do to get shot by the security man? I assume he got shot, right? Security people might shoot someone for a variety reasons...most likely the painter was doing something wrong. Or was the painter just sitting down minding his own business, drinking coffee, when the security guard killed him? Again...not enough details here to make a call. It might have been justified, right?

3. Robbery of a jewelry store, how? Was the store closed and someone came in through a window? or did someone come inside with a ski mask and rob them at gun point? Or was it a simple case of shop lifting? Again, not enough details here.

4. You said, "It's easy for employees to get into Casa de Campo." I hope so. They're on their way to work, right? I don't even understand your point here? What exactly is your point? The employees have ID, right? shouldn't they be able to get to work somewhat easy?

Frank

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
1 two people had just robbed a business in the Marina at night , the girl unfortunately was walking along and recognised one of the robbers and so they buundled her into a car and they got out of Casa de Campo with a stolen pass .The body of the girl was later found near the Rio Soco ,,The po;ice capturedd the men as they were using the girls cel phone
2 the painter was killed about 3 months ago shortly after three houses had been robbed and the security guard thought the painter was the robber, He shot the man in front of witnesses and is in prison for more than 20 years
3 The jewellery store was robbed by a former employer and they tied an employee up but she telephoned ,somehow , security , and the escaping van was forced off the road and overturned near la Romana Country Club
4 The employees I am talking about are working for construction companies working on various houses in CDC .They enter via a seperate gate and I presume a count is kept of the numbers coming in and going out ,They have no ID except cedulas

I forgot to point out that the armed robber on the golf course made his escape in the golf cart and was wearing a mask with mid length boots.

Sorry I will not be playing golf at CDC for another two weeks so cannotget more information

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Cris Colon ,,if you do not believe in organ trade in the poor countries of the world, you are indeed very innocent

donP

Dec 14, 2008
It happens everywhere.

It is true, crime happens everywhere (popular DR1 slogan of blue-eyed ostriches...).
Casa de Campo is no exception.
Due to the good security (!) there it is always the workers or guards who steal, rob, kidnap or kill*.

{Of course, we are talking about petty crime in relation to the crime committed by some of the resort dwellers... }
:bandit:

donP