135 curves of Motorcycle Heaven

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
This is one of the most beautiful, scary, fun, exhilarating, twisty, dangerous, well-paved, and intense motorcycle rides on this island. It's 135 curves of motorcycle heaven, and starts right outside Jarabacoa and finishes in Constanza. The section of road in this video goes from a small town outside Jarabacoa called, "Los Sacos," and finsihes at the intersection of highway 12 & 28.

[video=youtube_share;ikhkyQbh0Po]http://youtu.be/ikhkyQbh0Po?list=UUwqGtCbKPC0n50nraMPtNCA[/video]

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Thanks for posting. I enjoy riding motorcycles but haven't done it yet in here. I think there is a mix of road and off road here. People drive crazy here so I think I would be more interesting in off road. But parts of the island have pretty low traffic. We I was down towards las terrenas their toll road looked like a really nice place to ride a motorcycle. there was almost no traffic, it had curves and some cool ocean views.

I am in puerto plata and i think it would be more enjoyable once i got away from puerto plata at least with riding on the paved road.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Thanks for posting. I enjoy riding motorcycles but haven't done it yet in here. I think there is a mix of road and off road here. People drive crazy here so I think I would be more interesting in off road. But parts of the island have pretty low traffic. We I was down towards las terrenas their toll road looked like a really nice place to ride a motorcycle. there was almost no traffic, it had curves and some cool ocean views.

I am in puerto plata and i think it would be more enjoyable once i got away from puerto plata at least with riding on the paved road.

Here is the beautiful piece of off-roading that I've done on this island--it goes through a national park and is the highest elevation road on the island with the most spectacular views i've seen here:

[video=youtube_share;h2W9kXuLALM]http://youtu.be/h2W9kXuLALM?list=UUwqGtCbKPC0n50nraMPtNCA[/video]

mainegal

May 22, 2012
That was awesome! It almost feels like you're on the back looking over your shoulder during the ride, thanks for posting!

Woody Wood

May 2, 2014
No frank, this is a small way over the mountains there are 2 ways, one goes to guayabal, trough pine forrests, best for small enduros!! the other one goes to tetero, a small valley, ist a "little" bit better!!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Sometime within the next two weeks, i'm going to go down the Haitain Border from Monte Cristi all the way to Pedernales, then Barahona, and then back home.

Anyone done this on a motorcycle?

Frank

Woody Wood

May 2, 2014
i have done it, just ask for the part from hondo valle to la descubierta! The road was destroid a few years ago. From dajabon to valle de san juan it is a "highway", just dont forget your matricula, you need a permit for this part (in restauration!). From Duverge to Pedernales is really nice, but dont do it alone, its a far way without civilisation. No gas, no colmado, nothing!! Just some Haitians they cross the border over the mountains!!!

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I ended up doing La Decubierta to Hondo Valle on my own. I dropped the bike near the top and damaged the clutch. I had to walk out. It took a few hours to get to civilisation. The people were very poor and thought that I was Father Christmas carrying my 2 backpacks and my helmet. I got helped by a Cuban priest to get to Santo Domingo.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Boy...
You really blew by that stop sign at the end.
I guess it kinda took you by surprise, eh?
:speechles

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Here is the beautiful piece of off-roading that I've done on this island--it goes through a national park and is the highest elevation road on the island with the most spectacular views i've seen here:

[video=youtube_share;h2W9kXuLALM]http://youtu.be/h2W9kXuLALM?list=UUwqGtCbKPC0n50nraMPtNCA[/video]

what is the name of that Brazilian Buddha Bar song you used as soundtrack?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Nice country. That is what is great about the DR. The big difference of scenery is various parts of the country.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
i have done it, just ask for the part from hondo valle to la descubierta! The road was destroid a few years ago. From dajabon to valle de san juan it is a "highway", just dont forget your matricula, you need a permit for this part (in restauration!). From Duverge to Pedernales is really nice, but dont do it alone, its a far way without civilisation. No gas, no colmado, nothing!! Just some Haitians they cross the border over the mountains!!!

There are a few manned border posts Pedernales to Duverge, and the guards have their hands out for 100 peso amounts or more. One post, the guy was screaming at us to give them money as they had none. I rode off fast while one of the others handed all his loose change. I bought a gallon of gas from a colmado near the top of the mountain. This is a long journey. I wouldn't want to do it again. Duverge was a nice town. The people friendly.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
[video=youtube_share;Sr5-4QsabT4]http://youtu.be/Sr5-4QsabT4?list=UUwqGtCbKPC0n50nraMPtNCA[/video]