Sosua Needs Tourists But Not Sex Tourism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

The recently newly elected chairman and businessman Gustavo Andr?s Pastoriza of the ADSSos?a Foundation (la Asociaci?n de Desarrollo Sostenible Sos?a) gave his views on the future of Sos?a. He did this during a reception in restaurant Morua Mai in an interview with an employee of the TV station 'Ola TV' (channel 1). Andr?s said that with the closure of some bars and to prohibit women to enter a bar alone deteriorates the living conditions of many residents. Sos?a is a city without chimneys. So without industry and depends on tourism. But Sos?a can not be dependent on sex tourism. Sos?a has a lot to offer to tourists interested in culture and nature. The beautiful beach, the Jewish culture, the multitude of international restaurants, the rich nature (ecotourism) and diving.

The ADSSos?a Foundation is committed to the development of Sos?a to make it a family resort. A seaside resort where families can walk the streets safe with their small children. A village where residents can be proud of and where will be restored what has been lost.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Out of curiosity............
If all the sex tourism, one day vanished in Sosua...............
Buyers and sellers.............
Would Sosua become a ghost town..........

B in Santiago

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
There are only a couple of good restaurants. That is one of the things that stands out and is talked about the most among the people I know who visit. The bad state of places to eat in this town.

Too much pollution to have ecotourism around.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
A village where residents can be proud of and where will be restored what has been lost.

I keep hearing this. I have been coming here for 12 years now, it really has not changed in that time. What have we lost and when did it happen? 20 years ago, more?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I love all the rich cultural attractions in Sosua :)
It reminds me of Paris, Milan, London and New York all at once.
Ok ,Ok maybe East L.A, Tijuana and Atlantic City

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Can the officials please work on the water system, specifically the sewage system. A whiff during an evening stroll will ruin a cultural outing.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
It's troubling. "95 was my first time in the DR. Was told Sousa and Boca Chica were on a 5 year cycle. They swapped back and forth as the place to be.
Internet has messed with a lot of stuff.
I wanted to do Rio, Buenos Aires etc. After being in Boca Chica it never left my mind. Walk everywhere. SOME good people.
I love just hanging under the hut and watching the "action".
Glad some folks like Frank and Criss Colon continue to advise the water is good Tuesday-Friday.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
FT LAUDERDALE YERS GO IMPLIMENTED THIS YEARS Back TO RID THEMSELVES OF THE FAMOUS STUDENT SPRING BREAK ( which brought tos of loot to the city in a few weeks .the result WS OVER 10 years of massive loss of income, for people living there full time , Bankruptcies galore ,DRUG DEALERS INCREASE . Lots of destitution ...yes Sosua can be cleansed , however get ready for some HARD TIMES. as replacing new clientele takes years, and Years to accomplish especially with its 30 year reputation .Also i have Never ever seen Sosua politics,and Police operate consistently +plus Business association has been impotent , CAPONS it seems ...Caarete business association has always been majorally better !!! Except for THE CABARETE mayor who needs to be fed to a FEW STARVED SOSUA SEWER SOWS!lol good luck to this Challenge

yvon1950

Oct 21, 2013
"Sos?a has a lot to offer to tourists interested in culture and nature." Ay Dios.
Very very easy You close Casa Marina and this will be the end of sex... tourists And now you will have a ghost town and this is what everbody wants Period

Status
Not open for further replies.