How do I drain my jacuzzi?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I refuse to call the jacuzzi guy and I need help draining this thing.. there is a bunch of llave de pasos and I can't figure out which one it is. The filter is a Minder expert on swimming pools big green tank and I use the circuit breakers for the blower/pump/lights etc.. I really don't want to cave in and call the jacuzzi guy because I told my wife I can do this easily..

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
A bucket... A garden hose... And a bottle of rum... I have the first two, you supply the third, and I will come over and supervise the operation.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Physics is how you drain the jacuzzi!

1 - Get a hose
2 - Place one end of the hose in the bottom of the jacuzzi
3 - Find a place where the other end of the hose will be lower than the bottom of the jacuzzi
4 - Suck on the other end of the hose until you taste water, then let it drain away

You'll get 80+% of the water out this way.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Assuming the jacuzzi is on the second floor get a garden hose and put one end in the bottom of the jacuzzi (careful don't scratch it) and hold it down and connect the other end to the spigot in the laundry room downstairs. Cut on the water downstairs until water comes out of the other end in the jacuzzi and then disconnect the water from the lower spigot and the water should drain from the jacuzzi.

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
Should be a basic set up... the vavles after the pump would be to disperse the water thru out the jacuzzi... should leave you with only two vavles left.... one will fill and the other empty.... try one and see what happens

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
The only one I worked with belonged to my brother and had a valve to open to drain it. Have you checked for one?

Yea, I mentioned it in the original post.. It was one of the 3 valves and there is also one to fill, it was an odd setup but the right combination of valves emptied it.

May 29, 2006
I've bailed one out rather quickly with a common 2 gallon bucket. You don't fill and dump the bucket. Hold the bucket parallel to the ground at 90?, dunk it, and QUICKLY pull it up without changing the sideways tilt of it(like 40 times a minute). The momentum of the water will throw it out of the bucket as you yank it up. Do this while standing in the tub. When you get down to the last couple inches, get a couple old large towels and soak them then wring them into the bucket. The hose systems also work and it can be helpful to attach a weight on the hot tub side so it doesn't fall out. I've drained an entire swimming pool using just a hose. The lower you can get the drain end from the hot tub, the faster it will drain. It can take some practice to set up a hose siphon, so check YouTube for tips.