Cedula Renovacion

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It was posted here earlier about going to the cedula office later in the day to avoid crowds.

I went one day at 1:30 and would have been better at 2:30 but still, just over an hour

My wife went y'day - Friday early in the morning...... ZERO people = 20 minutes = in/out

her theory was that many do the residency in the AM and then trundle over for the cedula,meaning mucho gentes at 11 thru 1-2 PM

Her friend never even got out of the car..... such a short wait.

Go do your residency (if needed), stay over and hit the cedula early..... you're done !

MODS - move this wherever.....:ermm:

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Where are you guys doing this? When I've gone by JCE on Restauracion in Santiago there has always been a painfully long line.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
yup, about her time... maybe she was 10am....

point being that early is NOT 8am.......

sorry if I misled anybody..... not 'crack of dawn' rushing..... leisurely up to 11-11:30or so

sorry,,,, yes foreigners and they have only one office and one copmuter in SD... only SD, I asked

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
similarly, my man here in Cabrera went the other day to the local renovacion... he was number 100

they did 126 that day...... big lines.... Cabrera !!!

why not stagger the applications???.....forget it..... bad idea

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
foreigners can only renew their cedulas in SD, amp.

Thanks for that, I'm mostly curious for my wife. She needs to get her cedula renewed and I'd like for her to have the easiest trip possible.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dominicans can renew their cedulas in any JCE (apart for the one dedicated to extranjeros).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
amp---- before 11am any day.... they are friendly and you need no Spanish.....

they know why you're there...... smooth as anything Dominican can be..... except for changing a tire !!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
having said that...... the system crashed after my wife's photo and fingerprints.... couldn't produce the tarjeta.

the staff was keeping quiet about it
I explained we had a 2 1/2 hr drive back to Cabrera

they quietly gave us our paperwork, saying to return another day and we could go to the front of the line:classic: when we came back

I think they have had several equipment issues

Here's a question -
can Dominicans use this office - or is it exclusively for 'No Vota's' ??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Here's a question -

initially, after new cedula was introduced this office was opened to dominicans only and foreign cedulas were suspended. now it's back to normal as dominicans can get cedulas in any JCE office in the country. they even work around the clock, including sundays (not today, dia de padres).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
having said that...... the system crashed after my wife's photo and fingerprints.... couldn't produce the tarjeta.

the staff was keeping quiet about it
I explained we had a 2 1/2 hr drive back to Cabrera

they quietly gave us our paperwork, saying to return another day and we could go to the front of the line:classic: when we came back

I think they have had several equipment issues

Here's a question -

If that breakdown happened when I was there it would be "par for the course" for the DR and another 10 hour round trip bus trip for me. I no longer like driving to Santo Domingo.

To my knowledge that office is only for foreign residents who are not citizens.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
right Windy......she had to go 2x..... but, the 2nd trip uncovered a new, fantastic hair salon....

cut and colour for a fraction of US/Can prices ans EXCELLENT work
the 1st time she has really been happy w/ the work ---- including the former Andreas' work.

3700 pesos..... for the 2..... total