Mob Kills Robbers in Moca

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Reports of this happening more and more, people are fed up. Mr. AE said it's because the police arrest people and then they are let go to commit the same crimes, and if the police shoot/kill the criminals there is a big stink about it - but if the people do it there is little repercussion.

Google translate:

Crowd kills two in bank robbery lottery

MOCA -. A mob lynched two suspected criminals those surprised when they tried to enter a commercial establishment in the community Borojol Espaillat province.

The victims are Luis Pe?a Antonio Santana, 22; and Jesus Rodriguez Argenis Diaz, 18. Both Tambourine residing in Santiago.

Santana Pe?a died while being transferred from the hospital in Licey al Medio to Toribio Bencosme of Moca.

The crowd confronted the alleged criminals with stones, bats and gun shots.

Altagracia Antonia Guzman, 60, who lives next to the bench lottery Popular Banca, located on Main Street Borojol Down, said young people were wounded when they entered the home.

Said the alleged robbers were traveling on board a black motorcycle, carrying weapons and entered the business, but he fired several shots unknown.

http://www.almomento.net/articulo/168382/Multitud-mata-dos-en-robo-a-banca-loteria

Last edited:

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Good post. It shows that when the police and the judicial system, on a regular basis, fail to do their jobs the non-ladrone portion of the population will do it for them. In a much more efficient and effective manner. It is good to see that residents have had enough and will fight back.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I'm interested in your thoughts - what alternatives?
Rather than cheer for this violence complain that the judicial system is broken and needs to be fixed. Being supportive of vigilantes/fascists brings immediate satisfaction improved judiciary brings delayed but greater satisfaction. Let's hope that DR society evolves and improves.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Rather than cheer for this violence complain that the judicial system is broken and needs to be fixed. Being supportive of vigilantes/fascists brings immediate satisfaction improved judiciary brings delayed but greater satisfaction. Let's hope that DR society evolves and improves.

I share your hopes.

Unfortunately, I've been around the DR since 1975, and I can tell you that Dominicans complaining to anyone is useless, nothing happens. Stories like this get attention, whether or not they help is another story.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013

There is nothing fascist about neighbours protecting each other when police and judiciary fail to do so. The more of these type of incidences that are spread through the media the more embarrassing it is for the government. Actions always speak louder than words. The judiciary will not change with words.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
There is nothing fascist about neighbours protecting each other when police and judiciary fail to do so. The more of these type of incidences that are spread through the media the more embarrassing it is for the government. Actions always speak louder than words. The judiciary will not change with words.

That is correct those actions are vigilantism. Fascism is from the government - police killing without accountability.

Jan 9, 2004
First, I believe in the Rule of Law.

Second, when the Rule of Law breaks down or is non-existent (DR was almost dead last in corruption of the judiciary according to the World Economic Forum ratings) good people need to do what is necessary to protect themselves.

Third, I travel to, and stay in Moca quite frequently....and the only encounters I have ever had with any law enforcement were those irregular roadblocks with only one goal in mind....$$$.

Fourth, after many years on the Island, and having seen the decline in peoples perception of their safety, I now carry a weapon.

Fifth, in spite of the Rule of Law, if confronted in an untenable position, I will use that weapon.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
In my opinion there are better alternatives to fascists and vigilantes. These actions are part of the definition of current DR society.

you are a dreamer. i appreciate that. you are correct, lynching is no good way to deal with crime. the citizens should be protected by law and justice system. but they are not. to them, there is no alternative. a change you would like to see will take few generations. but right now this is the world we live in. there were several lynchings in a space of the last 3 months, there will be more.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

The locals reacted in the only manner they have available to them. That situation is not going to change any time soon.

PapiGonzalez

Banned
Jul 21, 2014
When the public start lynching the PN as well I will be content, I can see a future, change, till then things will stay the same. At this time a place I have just left for the first time in years, and really do not care if it is not there when I get back, planes are vanishing from radar, why not a lump of unwelcoming troublesome rock.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Really, if you think the system will improve because people voice their desire for improvement ,things will change? Won't happen. Only thing the government understands is bribes or the thought of violence against itself.
Every community has the duty and right to protect its self , especially if the government doesn't. That's not fascism that's progress!

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Really, if you think the system will improve because people voice their desire for improvement ,things will change? Won't happen. Only thing the government understands is bribes or the thought of violence against itself.
Every community has the duty and right to protect its self , especially if the government doesn't. That's not fascism that's progress!

Again you are right it is not fascism it is vigilantism.

PapiGonzalez

Banned
Jul 21, 2014
Again you are right it is not fascism it is vigilantism.

What would you have them do if they had just shot your wife for RD10,000, call the A-Team or the PN? Being that the A-Team are retired now (and the PN probably responsible for the majority of violent crime within the DR) I think they have little choice, otherwise tomorrow they may well kill your wife for RD10,000, or less!!

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
What would you have them do if they had just shot your wife for RD10,000, call the A-Team or the PN? Being that the A-Team are retired now (and the PN probably responsible for the majority of violent crime within the DR) I think they have little choice, otherwise tomorrow they may well kill your wife for RD10,000, or less!!

What would do? I WOULD BUY THEM A PRESIDENTE?!!!!! I wouldn't wait for a lower price either.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
[video=youtube;T__uKdv7IcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T__uKdv7IcA[/video]