Signing of photos for passport, any ideas.

PapiGonzalez

Banned
Jul 21, 2014
I was going to sign the back of one of the passport photos of a friends daughter for his application for her passport for UK. Now I am back in the UK myself and he is in DR I am unable to, and yet he knows no other British people in the DR. ANy ideas on how to overcome this little issue that could put serious breaks on everything, and she is to start the new school year.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I would recommend contacting the passport office (0300 222 0000 according to their website) and asking if he has any other options. Some countries have a declaration that can be filled out (at an extra cost) if you don't know anyone in the country you're applying from.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
You do not need the application/photo counter-signed by a UK subject but by a person who has known you for more than two years. The person should hold a position of aurhority ie lawyer, banker or doctor.

The DHL option will work also.

I was going to sign the back of one of the passport photos of a friends daughter for his application for her passport for UK. Now I am back in the UK myself and he is in DR I am unable to, and yet he knows no other British people in the DR. ANy ideas on how to overcome this little issue that could put serious breaks on everything, and she is to start the new school year.