Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default anti tetanico and dogs???

Long story.......
    2 of my dogs got into a fight...... I had to restrain them, cos I had workers round and didnt want a bloodshed.......
    In the blue corner we had the rottie, rex ( big, big dog...), in the red corner a smaller dog, remedio. As a comparaison, rex is a boxer, remedio a cage fighter ( mean, mean [email protected]#$er....)
    Anyway I stepped in between them armed with my flipflops and my boxer shorts ( yeah stupid, I know....).

So remedio flips round and sinks his teeth into the side of my knee/calf......and I mean sinks...... I can count his teeth on my leg....
    Thankfully only one of the "frontdagger teeth" pierced the skin...... the others just left big bruises......
    Anyway he severed something important cos blood was pulsating out of the wound......
    That got me yelling and kicking........ all 4 dogs lay down at my feet, ears and tails tucked in.

So, got the wound compressed, stopped the bleeding and cleaned. Have now got a fresh garlic paste applied to it......

First question. Why would people tell me to get an anti tetanic shot ??? Of course my dogs are vaccinated against rabbies.

Second question. What would u do with the dog ?? My first thought implied a shotgun and a machete......
    To be truthfull, it was kind of in the heat of the action..... but even so.

Thanks all.

P.s. nearly cured of CKV, now a dog bite....... and it hurts and stings.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You should get a tetanus shot asap.

The tetanus shot is protection against tetanus, one of the symptoms being lock jaw. You step on a nail, you should get a tetanus shot. You don't know what was on the tooth that punctured your skin. The fact it bled a lot is a plus, hopefully cleaned the wound.

But whether or not your dog is vaccinated against rabies has nothing to do with it. Tetanus is caused by a bacteria that can poison your blood.

As far as the dog is concerned, I would get rid of it. You can't trust a dog that will bite its owner, even in the heat of the moment.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You get a tet shot to boost your system, your dogs are vaccinated against rabies, you are not vaccinated against tetanus, well you should be, but you need to be boosted, especially here, it is normal practice.
    What to do? Well I do not think suicide is the answer and so put the shotgun down. Just do not be so stupid as to put yourself between two fighting dogs in future (that was dumb as they come), dogs fight, as do we humans, thankfully we are not given the death sentence for it.

Put a hole in the top of a soda bottle, buy some chilly flakes, fill it with warm water and add a few table spoons of chilli flakes and dried mustard and peper. Next time they fight, squrit it in their faces, they will soon lose interest in each other.

4. Likes malko liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I grab the back legs of one of the aggressor dog and it stops the fight right away.
    Get a tet shot!!!

6. Likes malko liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Put the dog down. i agree. Yes, never get between two fighting dogs. Best not to even have two un neutered males. But to know that you have a mean dog who will fight with another dog in his own pack and bite his owner ,, means that he is not safe around children or others.

And get to the doctor ASAP

8. Likes malko liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapiGonzalez View Post
    What to do? Well I do not think suicide is the answer and so put the shotgun down. Just do not be so stupid as to put yourself between two fighting dogs in future (that was dumb as they come), dogs fight, as do we humans, thankfully we are not given the death sentence for it.

Put a hole in the top of a soda bottle, buy some chilly flakes, fill it with warm water and add a few table spoons of chilli flakes and dried mustard and peper. Next time they fight, squrit it in their faces, they will soon lose interest in each other.
    So what is he supposed to do, walk around all day with a bottle of your mixture in his hand?

Keep the dog and you are asking for trouble. I've seen too many reports on the TV and internet about owners that had a similar situation but rationalized the incident and kept the kept the dog, only to regret later they had done so.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not walk around all day, but have a few accessible if they must keep dogs they can not control, or do not understand.

I have stopped dogs fighting before and when the dog is in full fighting mode he often will just bite without thinking. Just as we humans have a reaction when adrenaline os flowing. He did not mean to bite the owner, he was fighting the other dog, if he wanted to attack the owner then he would, this is the owners fault entirely. If you are not prepared to accept that dogs fight, then have only one dog. If you expect unneutered dogs not to fight then you do not know sufficient about dogs to even own one dog. This si not the dogs fault, why should he suffer for the ignorance or stupidity of his owner (not saying the owner is an idiot, just that was a stupid move, they accept that, they stated that). He didn't ask to be put in a household as such. Find homes for the dogs you can not take care of, I think a solo companion is maybe the solution for you.

11. Likes irishpaddy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Dogs Fight"!
    Just let them work out their "Differences"!
    "Let Him LIVE!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

13. Likes malko, irishpaddy liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the same once and got in the middle had no injections and was fine. Hurt like hell and still have the scars to this day. Was remedio the puppy you had from me?

Matilda

15. Likes malko liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Okkkk....... thanks for the advice....... for info I dont have 2 un neutred male dogs....... I have 4..........
    I DO understand my dogs, but I was thinking of the safety of the 2 construction workers above all...... silly me.

As for my dogs been unsafe for children, that is an understatement......... but that is also their purpose ( nobody worry, I do love my dogs dearly....).

Anyway, saw Kens and Papis post and went down to local public hospital...... No shot, have to wait to see a doctor in the morning.
    They cleaned out the wound ( while making comments about how serious the wound look, and only then realised I spoke spanish.....) and were very kind.
    Prescribed painkillers Ketomax 10, but I think I might give them a miss.

Now that I am cool, calm and collective again, I dont have the heart to get rid of the dog...... so he lives and he stays......

Thanks all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast