Hot Dogs

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Would any hotdog connoisseurs please recommend me a make for cooking normally, ie not on a BBQ, that are available in La Sirena PP.

Thanks.

FB.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
la sirena has nathan's hot dogs loved by many americans here. 315 pesos per packet. very average, in my opinion. it is better to visit jose luis supermarket and head directly for the fridges in the back. they have sausages from bavaria german butcher in sosua. vienna sausages or salchicha de res are delicious.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I agree with dv8. Hebrew National are awful.

If you want a good hot dog, find a good butcher.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nathan's for me. But the small ones for some reason are better than the larger thin ones.

Jan 17, 2009
Hebrew National are all beef, kosher. I'm not Jewish but those are the best hotdogs. I didn't know Sirena carry them. Is this in POP or Sirena Santiago or SDQ?

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
la sirena has nathan's hot dogs loved by many americans here. 315 pesos per packet. very average, in my opinion. it is better to visit jose luis supermarket and head directly for the fridges in the back. they have sausages from bavaria german butcher in sosua. vienna sausages or salchicha de res are delicious.

Have to agree with dv8. The salchicha in the natural skins are the best. Cook em up until they explode and you have "rippers" Wonderful..

May 29, 2006
Hot dogs can be 40 pesos a pound or 300 pesos a pound. You get what you pay for. I prefer Hebrew National over Sabrett's or Nathan's. Grill Hebrew national. If you steam or boil them, the skins will fall off.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I did not know Sabrett's were here.. Another hunt ..

Also I have never seen Hebrew Nacional in the Captial. sob sob.. THEY are the best. imho.

But perhaps not a real Wurst.

It sounds like DV8 has it right. If you have a German butcher who is doing things with hot dogs, i would get those.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Hot dogs can be 40 pesos a pound or 300 pesos a pound. You get what you pay for. I prefer Hebrew National over Sabrett's or Nathan's. Grill Hebrew national. If you steam or boil them, the skins will fall off.

In the states I prefer boar's head or hebrew national. When I was unemployed and sabrett were 2 packs for 5 bucks I gave em a shot and they are ok as well. In DR, Nathan's are most readily available. They are OK and better than any dominican brand I have seen.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Oh...
I'd love to be an Oscar Mayer wiener ♫

[video=youtube;aNddW2xmZp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aNddW2xmZp8[/video]

Classic.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will try those hebrew national hotdogs if i ever see them. sometimes the stuff americanos love so much disappoints me and sometimes it works. thanks to dr1 i learnt about biscuits, for example, yummy.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i will try those hebrew national hotdogs if i ever see them. sometimes the stuff americanos love so much disappoints me and sometimes it works. thanks to dr1 i learnt about biscuits, for example, yummy.

Let me know if you find them in DR. Hebrew National are a little spicier than the others, and I like them a lot.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011

Way too salty. Best were good, but they went out of business. In my opinion, there is not a good kosher hot dog mass produced today.