SOSUA's WATERFRONT AND EDDY's

R

Richard

over the last couple of years I have often posted suggestions for restaurants in Sosua. The criteria was simple; good food and service, ambience and within my budget (unde 200 pesos exclusive of alcohol). I hadn't mentioned the waterfront because I hadn't had diner there since about 1993. Last week I met some friends from the Yahoo Sosua Club and we enjoyed a fine dinner at the Waterfront. The food and service were excellent and of course being right on the water the view spectacular.Also it fit my budget just fine. The special that evening was grouper with a tasty sauce and soup or salad all for 150 pesos. I will definitely be back and would suggest the Waterfront to anyone.

Now Eddy's. Eddy is back in full swing and now for our British friends offers an English style breakfast which includes pork and beans, not to my taste thank you I can't imagine mixing pork and beans with my eggs.Eddy also has a rib night on Sundays. they were really good, meaty, well trimmed and sloppy for 89 pesos. That's my kind of good eating.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Its nice to see an old institution like Eddys back in business even with pork and beans, which I love, specially a little on the sweet side, remember that Eddy! I cannot wait to start my Dominican Republic trek next year all over the DR coasts so I can stop over there. And although I am Dominican, to all British people I would say....Cmon down!!!! Plus the British are the only truthful allies of The United States in this time of war and terror and anybody who defends America is my friend(The rest are just paying lip service)
TW

P

pepe

Brace yourself TW..

all those canadian expats gonna fulminate you.

S

Scott

Re: Brace yourself TW..

Because they have always been great allies?

C

Carol

TW

Does that mean that you and I are friends now??!!

Carol