Permission to leave the country with a child.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Who has done this, and had the written authorization from the mother?
Can you tell me what it entailed, if you employed a lawyer, how much it cost you and how long the process took. Basically give me a rundown of your experience.

I have a quote from my lawyer and I think it is ridiculous, so I'd like to compare, and even of a lawyer is required.

Thanks!

Sep 4, 2012
Leave that kid alone. He has mother and a father somewhere. Don't bring hardships to him nor to yourself by taking over this.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We had it done for about RD$6,000 - we went on holiday without Mr C this year, and he dealt with the lawyer. They didn't ask me for it at the airport though.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
We did it for about 8,000. Had to get permission from the father (who was in USA) and then met with a judge. The father's brother showed up and said it was ok. We did need the paper to leave.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
We had it done for about RD$6,000 - we went on holiday without Mr C this year, and he dealt with the lawyer. They didn't ask me for it at the airport though.

Do you recall exactly what the document said, and did you go to the court or what. My lawyer just quoted me a ridiculous fee and I have used them for years. I'm a little pi$$ed they would try this on me actually.

Thanks don, just noticed this.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
One Dominican friend does it herself every year. It should only be an issue if you do not have the mother's permission. With it, it should be just gathering the papers and having them stamped. I think the hardest thing it that you have to have the plane reservation first so you are under pressure.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
all your answers are right here,

Direccion General de Migracion

or here

Direccion General de Migracion

Simple & painless process, been there done both several times now....

g'luck

I'm reading this and it still isn't crisp as to what 'exactly' we need to do. It is not clear cut as I understand it.
In the posters above it seems simple and pretty relaxed, in this link it lists quite a lot of requirements, of which I am not sure what is required of us. How can we give Airline and flight details when we do not yet have authorization? There is no return date as it is going to be left open.

And so, again, will someone please just tell me exactly what you had to sign, declare, deposit, how long it took, who exactly you had to pay etc. This will make things much easier for me to follow and comprehend.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
One Dominican friend does it herself every year. It should only be an issue if you do not have the mother's permission. With it, it should be just gathering the papers and having them stamped. I think the hardest thing it that you have to have the plane reservation first so you are under pressure.

This is what we are trying to do, people are saying it is simple yet no one is telling me exactly what they themselves did, 'it's easy and cost RD5,000' isn't helping me here. I have her permission, she wants me to take the child, but how exactly do I proceed to make this permission legal so there is no crap at the airport, this is what I am asking you guys.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
It is a signed document by the mother saying you have permission to leave the country with her child. Each one is written probably differently as it is written by a lawyer. I have a good lawyer in SD. PM me and you can talk to him.

In our case, it was approved by a judge because the father was not here to sign it.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
This is what we are trying to do, people are saying it is simple yet no one is telling me exactly what they themselves did, 'it's easy and cost RD5,000' isn't helping me here. I have her permission, she wants me to take the child, but how exactly do I proceed to make this permission legal so there is no crap at the airport, this is what I am asking you guys.

Folks have posted the links for you. Most have said they used a lawyer. I know that my friend did not use a lawyer, simply wrote a note that the child had permission to travel. The child was traveling alone to her father in the United States./

Here are the requirements.

a) Acta de nacimiento original y legalizada.
b) Copia de la p?gina del pasaporte contentiva de los datos biometircos del tercero autorizado por los padres para salir con el menor.
c) Nombre de la L?nea A?rea con la cual viajar?a, si es el caso de la autorizaci?n.
d) Copia de la p?gina del pasaporte del menor, contentiva de los datos biom?tricos.
e) Copias de la visa o residencia del menor y su acompa?ante.
f) Dos (2) fotograf?as 2x2 de frente del menor.
g) Copia de la C?dula de Identidad del/los padre/s que autoriza/n.
h) Copia de la C?dula de Identidad y Electoral del acompa?ante, si aplica.
i) Pago del monto del servicio prestado.

Avenida 30 de Mayo
Esquina H?roes De Luperon
Santo Domingo
Republica Dominicana
Tel?fono: +1 809 508 2555

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
You do need a lawyer, because a 'notario publico' needs to sign the authorization.

"Si el menor de edad viaja en compa??a de uno de los padres deber? tener la autorizaci?n del otro; dicha autorizaci?n debe ser a trav?s de un poder notarial mediante el cual el padre autoriza la salida del menor de edad, debidamente legalizado por la Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica, y adjunta la copia de la C?dula del padre o madre y los dos testigos que figuran en el poder."

I paid 1500 pesos to get the authorization with signature of the Notario publico. 330 pesos to legalize the authorization in procuraderia (right in the migration office) and an amount of I think 2000 pesos in Migracion. So total about 4000 pesos. Easy process.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
At what age can they leave WITHOUT parental authorization??
My son is almost 17.
Has Dominican passport & Cedula.
He is an American citizen, with US passport.
cc

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
My guess is when he is no longer considered a minor. I guess that would be 18. Although to the US he may not need permission. Who knows, jajajajaja

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
You do need a lawyer, because a 'notario publico' needs to sign the authorization.

"Si el menor de edad viaja en compa??a de uno de los padres deber? tener la autorizaci?n del otro; dicha autorizaci?n debe ser a trav?s de un poder notarial mediante el cual el padre autoriza la salida del menor de edad, debidamente legalizado por la Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica, y adjunta la copia de la C?dula del padre o madre y los dos testigos que figuran en el poder."

I paid 1500 pesos to get the authorization with signature of the Notario publico. 330 pesos to legalize the authorization in procuraderia (right in the migration office) and an amount of I think 2000 pesos in Migracion. So total about 4000 pesos. Easy process.

Isn't a notario publico a notary public? Did you write the authorization yourself and sign it in front of the notary?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
My son is almost 17.
cc
Maybe he can already leave if he is an American citizen with passport. Although I wouldn't tell him, you may never see him again:ermm:

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005

"she wants me to take her child" ....sorry but this sounds really strange!!!
Which mother would say that???

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Which mother would say that???

Young, not ready mothers. Mothers that just want to party and not have any responsibilities.

Young, shallow minded sluts whose main purpose in life just to exist.

Chip, these types are what abortions are meant for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
My son is almost 17.
cc

My daughter is 16 and has German passport and Dominican C?dula. As long as she resides in Dominican Republic she needs a notarized travel permit from both of us.
As soon as she becomes 18 she can travel on her own.