Transportation $$$$$ ???

M

Ms. Fisher

I am considering a trip to the Dominican Republic. Does anyone know how long it will take to travel from the airport in Puerta Plata to the Allegro Resort/C.V. Playa Grande in Rio San Juan? And how much round trip transportation might cost?

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Playa Grande is at best 60 miles from Puerto Plata. The highway is a two lane fairly good road. So one hour should be the norm. I have always driven, so I dont know the current rates cab rates.But you have made a good choice of area to be in. Its very secluded, but fun to be in. Check out Club Bahia Principe Resorts mini-town right at the entrance of the Hotel. Nice club there.An a nice beach.

R

Roxanne

TW is right..takes about an hour to get to Rio San Juan. The first time I went I stayed at a resort and a bus came to pick me up and bring me to the hotel - i was never asked for payment so the cost was included.

The past few times I have taken a taxi to the town of Rio San Juan and has cost me $300 pesos one way. Playa Grande is about 5 minutes more from RSJ so should be more or less the same. The Cost will depends on WHO asks for the taxi and who the taxi driver is.

I would not pay more than $400 pesos one way. Hope this helps!

Roxanne

S

Stephen Hadley

If you drive to Rio San Juan, watch the major pit in the road coming into town.. i have hit the d**m thing twice... for some reason i find that one hard to spot