Money exchange in UK DoP to GbP.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
So you get back to the UK and have a lot of DoP you didn't expect to have, where would be the best place to change it back and what would you expect?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So you get back to the UK and have a lot of DoP you didn't expect to have, where would be the best place to change it back and what would you expect?

You are going to lose 15-20% swapping out DOP outside RD in a cambio @ home, either save them for another trip, or make a "private" arrangement with someone traveling from there. Be patient and you are better off waiting for a helpful traveler. What is a "lotta" DOP?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
HUG -

Keep it for next time you come. You will loose about 8 -10 % No matter where you go!

Olly and the Team

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
U could have changed them with the guy who was having trouble with his scottish pounds..........

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
You are going to lose 15-20% swapping out DOP outside RD in a cambio @ home, either save them for another trip, or make a "private" arrangement with someone traveling from there. Be patient and you are better off waiting for a helpful traveler. What is a "lotta" DOP?

I agree with this. I looked into this a long while ago, and the currency (for obvious reasons) is not really a wanted currency outside, so just as said, the rates are bad. If you are already out of the country, I would try this "exchange" Tamborista mentioned, or just save it, bearing in mind the slight inflation there might be...

I would suggest always leaving the country with as little DOP as possible, but not exchanging at the airport though if not possible earlier.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Send them to me via Encargopaq and I'll take them to the guy who calls out "Chains, Chains" and send you the pounds.
Der Fish

Or maybe you will just have a wild night on his pesos. The money will never get to you, come on man! If you are serious do you really think this would make it through customs? Sending cash in the mail. That's your plan?