And you think PN are a joke.......................

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
[video=youtube;cO36cUixLUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO36cUixLUY[/video]

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
For those of you who have been living in the Dominican Republic for awhile now, this is what the United States has been turning into while you've been away. And it's also why I will be joining you after I retire next year.

A

Against all odds

Things happen everywhere, over there in the US and here in the DR, we need to make the best of it, example: If you were speeding in the US, you then got pulled over, you need to have your lic. insurance and reg., then you would probably get a speeding ticket, and when it is not paid for, then they will suspend your license.
Here in the DR. I know when you are pulled over, you give the Police / Amet / Military some pesos and you then drive off, upon driving off, you are saying only in the DR. I LOVE IT HERE.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Things happen everywhere, over there in the US and here in the DR, we need to make the best of it, example: If you were speeding in the US, you then got pulled over, you need to have your lic. insurance and reg., then you would probably get a speeding ticket, and when it is not paid for, then they will suspend your license.
Here in the DR. I know when you are pulled over, you give the Police / Amet / Military some pesos and you then drive off, upon driving off, you are saying only in the DR. I LOVE IT HERE.

What on earth are you talking about. A Police officer arrested a fireman for parking his fire engine next to the scene of an incident. As far as I know fire engines have certain rights of way, like through traffic with lights blazing, not having to get a cab to the scene of an accident to avoid arrest for example. Go drink another Libre, you must be drunk!

And paying off PN or AMET becomes tiring after a while, it's cool while you think it's cool, 'what a great place I can pay off the police', until you need them for something serious and they won't help you unless you pay them gas money, or simply don't turn up to an incident. If they did their job then it would be less painful, but they don't and so why should we tip them. Fukem!

You wouldn't give a thug on the strreet a few pesos, but because the thug has a uniform you are convinced, lol, more fool you!

Last edited:

texan

Apr 1, 2014
A Police officer arrested a fireman for parking his fire engine next to the scene of an incident.

Maybe this Police Officer was completly wrong and there was no justification. But the fireman was not arrested the fireman was detained for 30 minutes and released. I am not saying that detaining him for 30 minutes couldn't of be completely wrong but he was not arrested. There is a huge difference between being detained and arrested.

It would be interested to know what was done after the incident. Did the police officer have an explanation for detaining the fireman ? Did the fire department and police department work out the issue by themselves ? Did something else happen before the video started recording ?

A long of things make the news and there is a valid explanation later. That might not be the case in this situation. But the media is much more interested in the story that will cause the controversy. They are not nearly as interested in running the story or article later that gives the explanation.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Maybe this Police Officer was completly wrong and there was no justification. But the fireman was not arrested the fireman was detained for 30 minutes and released. I am not saying that detaining him for 30 minutes couldn't of be completely wrong but he was not arrested. There is a huge difference between being detained and arrested.

Sorry, could you be a little more anal please!:rolleyes:

Point is, they are supposed to be helping each other and I think the point in my post is clear............................. to most!

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Sorry, could you be a little more anal please!:rolleyes:

Point is, they are supposed to be helping each other and I think the point in my post is clear............................. to most!

I don't think I am being that. Yes they should be helping each other. My point is this is a short video and I do not see if an explanation was ever given or not. I also think a lot of people might read the thread and not watch the video or watch the video and read the thread and think the fireman was arrested. Then they tell their friend did you hear about the policeman that arrested the fireman.

This officer could be completely wrong. It is just hard for me to make an intelligent opinion without more information.

If you watch the video the person who I am guessing posted this on youtube stated the firefighter was arrested. The man who is speaking in the first part of the video is wrong. He is talking about a police state gone wrong. If the police officer was wrong I think it was the action of that officer.

The local media did get that part correct that he was detained and not arrested.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Neither country will lose a face-off for stupidity, for sure.

I'm checking my facebook, recently saw a clip (and immediately looked away) about what looks like a couple of dead teenagers spread out on Las Americas, an accident caused by a PN. (Or so the cell phone "videographer" claimed.) Now, elsewhere, this video would be cause for an investigation. In the DR, not so much.

The video you presented isn't really much of an issue. The involved parties made the media rounds, kissed, and made up.

However, many other more truly tragic issues are out there. But no one is going to pay their way out of a trial by jury on this one.

Eric Garner's death in NYPD chokehold case ruled a homicide - LA Times

It sucks being somewhere an average person can't call 911 with a reasonable expectation of getting a vehicle with life saving equipment that can transport you to a hospital with an emergency room. The USA is a country everyone loves to hate, until they need something.

I know my momma's flaws, but don't like you dissing her.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
And who was helping the victim of the over turned car while the cop was playing machoman?
That is a good question and my point. I can't tell from the video. Maybe there was an ambulance already on the scene and both of the people where being treated by the ambulance. Maybe the situation was under control and there was already enough medics on the scene to treat the patients.

I am not saying the police officer wasn't wrong but what I am saying it is hard to tell with that amount of information and from that video.

Maybe the officer and other first responders on the scene felt the scene was under control and they did not want to block any more lanes. They might have been trying to open up that lane because it didn't need to be blocked any longer.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Unless this is a 'made for viral' video then it leaves me speechless.

I can't think of any other country I've been to where this could happen besides the US. Most forces don't even use handcuffs unless restraint is absolutely needed, not just for show as in the US,(also many European police forces would never remove their weapon in their whole career as cops, plus the fact many don't even carry firearms).

Land of the Free???

What did the fireman do? Pull a loaded hose on the cop?

I'm desperately hoping there is more to this than meets the eye,or the US police service has some serious issues...

May 5, 2007

It would be interested to know what was done after the incident. Did the police officer have an explanation for detaining the fireman ? Did the fire department and police department work out the issue by themselves ? Did something else happen before the video started recording ?

A long of things make the news and there is a valid explanation later. That might not be the case in this situation. But the media is much more interested in the story that will cause the controversy. They are not nearly as interested in running the story or article later that gives the explanation.

Depends on your definition of arrest Constitutional (USA) when a person is deprived of his freedom and liberty, he/she has been “arrested’ it sounds as though you are using the term “arrest” in that of being processed through they system

An arrest simply means a reasonable person feels he/she is unable to leave. It does not require physical restraint, handcuffs etc

Being stopped by a police officer for a traffic violation is considered an arrest as the person is not free to leave until the police officer is finished with business

That incident was resolved internally between FD and PD. Appears there is a long history of “Who is in charge” between local FD’s and CHP

May 5, 2007

Huh! I read something quite a while back that the Chief of the FD and the ranking CHP guy in that area had said basically that “both acted like idiots and it was resolved internally?” From reading your links it looks as though that CHP has issues