Washing Machine repair

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I have an older American Style washing machine. I think the plug needs to be replaced and everything else is fine with the machine. I can see where one of the two prongs is becoming loose and it is not get electrical power to the machine. I am in Puerto Plata and am looking for someone or place that can fix the machine.

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Texan if you really think all that is wrong is the male Plug, the cable can be clipped off & a new 115v or 220v ( you have to know the difference) Edison type plug can be fitted, a real simple job. I don't know who sells that type of hardware in your area, but you may not need an appliance tech, at minimum a good handyman at best an Electrician.

May 29, 2006
A washing machine will be a 110v plug. I would get a short heavy duty extension cord(<15 ft) with heavy gauge wire, strip the female end off and then replace the existing cord.

Some washer are easy to take apart and some require pulling the whole front three sides off. Suggest you check youtube on how to take your specific model apart.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Meet me at Big Lees and I'll handle it for you. Tell me when.
Der Fish

I was just in that area but hadn't checked my messages. I think I would have to pull the sides of the top to get the cable off the machine. I am hoping that is all that needs to be fixed.