Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Claro at a Crawl

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Claro at a Crawl

Anyone else having slow speeds from Claro? I'm getting about 0.30mbps doing a speedtest. Been going on for most of the afternoon here in Santiago.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Claro and getting a little over 8mb...........
    No problems with Claro's d/l, but problems with a couple of sites I download from.............

B in Santiago

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in a Bomba in Santiago I am getting a 5 gb download on the free Claro wifi

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    Anyone else having slow speeds from Claro? I'm getting about 0.30mbps doing a speedtest. Been going on for most of the afternoon here in Santiago.
    It would help to know where you are in-country.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimonson0 View Post
    It would help to know where you are in-country.
    My guess is Santiago.

6. Likes tommeyers liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

D'oh! My bad...

8. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Don't know how to do a speed test, but my Claro fiber optic internet connection here in Puerto Plata seems faster than usual this week end past.
    Der Fish
    Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test is pretty good and considered the standard I imagine.

Mine is back to normal but last afternoon/evening it was terrible up until this morning. Not sure what was causing the blockage.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Don't know how to do a speed test, but my Claro fiber optic internet connection here in Puerto Plata seems faster than usual this week end past.
    Der Fish
    This should help.........

SpeedOf.Me, HTML5 Speed Test | Non Flash/Java Broadband Speed Test

Mide tu velocidad - Claro

lol....didn't see amp had poster a link already......now you have 3......

B in Santiago

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been having problems with Claro DSL for 6 weeks now. Seems the local center cannot provide enough bandwidth for the local growth.

Our problem hasn't been speed. It's been server connections either timing out or not being found, both symptoms of under capacity.

We learned that Claro has increased local capacity a little but not a lot-an additional 10mb-and things are better. But as more are connected I expect problems once again.

Talking to Claro internet customer service is like talking to a box of Legos & Tinkertoys. If it weren't for inside info, we'd be going ballistic.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Talking to Claro internet customer service is like talking to a box of Legos & Tinkertoys. If it weren't for inside info, we'd be going ballistic.
    I got very lucky today. I spoke with someone named Francisco at Claro Tech Support and we troubleshot the situation. This is the first time anyone over the phone at Claro has been even remotely helpful.

After about 15-20 minutes we figured out it was my router. It's going bad and isn't able to handle the data. Unfortunately I have to use the Claro modem/router that was supplied on installation which does not provide signal throughout my apartment. Now I'll wait for Amazon to deliver to Miami and I can update you all and let you know if I got charged the under $200 tax from Aduanas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast